Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2019 5:29:08 PM EDT
Guys,

Possibly looking for an electrician for a side job to run wiring and install a ceiling fan in the living room (vaulted ceiling) and both bedrooms of my apartment I maybe switching to. As I have no ownership interest - cheapest available install that looks semi decent. Thanks guys.

Erick
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys,

Possibly looking for an electrician for a side job to run wiring and install a ceiling fan in the living room (vaulted ceiling) and both bedrooms of my apartment I maybe switching to. As I have no ownership interest - cheapest available install that looks semi decent. Thanks guys.

Erick
View Quote
As a renter, you do have WRITTEN permission from the landlord to install the fans, correct?

Otherwise, we'll see you on the People's Court when you move and don't get your security deposit back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good God - you as a renter are going to have electrical work done in apartment????
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Written permission.

Stupid, I know. But it’s the place where I live and as long as the cost isn’t too excessive I’d like to get it done. I’m not looking to rip out drywall. Just running conduit along the ceiling is fine. I don’t care. As long as it’s safe. You can bet I’m taking the fans with me when I move.

They are moving me to a different apartment because of cigarette odors from the prior tenant. Honestly, I wish they would just fix the problem. I really don’t want to move again. Moved in 11/5.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. Written permission.

Stupid, I know. But it's the place where I live and as long as the cost isn't too excessive I'd like to get it done. I'm not looking to rip out drywall. Just running conduit along the ceiling is fine. I don't care. As long as it's safe. You can bet I'm taking the fans with me when I move.

They are moving me to a different apartment because of cigarette odors from the prior tenant. Honestly, I wish they would just fix the problem. I really don't want to move again. Moved in 11/5.
View Quote
Make sure the part in red is also in writing. Many places, if you make approved changes, they become part of the apartment and cannot be removed when you leave. Or you will need to restore the apartment back to the pre-install condition ( removing wiring, etc.)
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Rob Richardson
Richardson Electric
480-577-0841

Super nice guy and most of all doesnt do shotty work.  I've used him a few times (referred from my parents) for recess lighting in my kitchen and living room.  Looks better than what the manufactory could have done.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rob Richardson
Richardson Electric
480-577-0841

Super nice guy and most of all doesnt do shotty work.  I've used him a few times (referred from my parents) for recess lighting in my kitchen and living room.  Looks better than what the manufactory could have done.
View Quote
Excellent, thanks for posting this. I'm looking for an electrician at the moment, as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rob Richardson
Richardson Electric
480-577-0841

View Quote
I tried contacting this guy Rob and got no response. Texted and left a voicemail.

Looking for another referral.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I tried contacting this guy Rob and got no response. Texted and left a voicemail.

Looking for another referral.....
View Quote
I had these guys add an exterior quad on my house and give me a quote on a bunch of other stuff. Owners live in my neighborhood, but they are very reasonably priced and were very responsive. I say this as someone that is a PM/Estimator for a commercial GC.

https://www.amelectricaz.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top