Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 7:05:58 PM EDT
I'm trying to help my brother find a good FFL in the Land O Lakes/Lutz area north of Tampa. Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent business to deal with? I can find a list online but, unfortunately, they're not listed by competence and friendliness! I'm from N Florida, so I'm no help.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing. Okay, how about in the Tampa area then??
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used these two over the years, as they were close to my places of business and convenient. Everything went smoothly. If I remember correctly, they were about $20-$30 on transfers. There are probably cheaper and closer ones to your brother though.

Mark Kubes Firearms
8440 Ulmerton Rd #500, Largo, FL 33771
Phone: (727) 535-9803
https://www.buymilsurp.com/

A-1 Tactical Ordnance
Address: 3601 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Phone: (727) 527-0999
http://www.a-1firearms.com/
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass them along.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Another thumbs up for A-1, they are a small shop and good peps.

Closer to that area is a gun store on Dale Mabry, right close to the Dale Mabry and 41 merge. It is more or less across from the Wallymegalowmart (walmart). I can not remember the name of it even though I have been passed it a ton of times and cannot comment on pricing as I have never been in the place. Well after a quick search, the name of the place is Shadow Solutions Firearms.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another thumbs up for A-1, they are a small shop and good peps.

Closer to that area is a gun store on Dale Mabry, right close to the Dale Mabry and 41 merge. It is more or less across from the Wallymegalowmart (walmart). I can not remember the name of it even though I have been passed it a ton of times and cannot comment on pricing as I have never been in the place. Well after a quick search, the name of the place is Shadow Solutions Firearms.
View Quote
The owner is friendly, not much stock when we stopped in.  I think he'd just opened up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m in Lutz/Land O Lakes/North Tampa.  There are only a few gun shops up here.  One of which is called Grey Wolf Armory, but the owner is a douchebag who doesn’t understand the law.  He refuses to accept shipments from private individuals when transferring firearms.  There are a few good shops out in zephyrhills that do cheap transfers though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Empire Pawn on 54.  I live in Land O Lakes and have used them a few times and also used them when they were in Tampa on Florida Ave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top