Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2024 6:33:56 PM EDT
I have two positions available in Moncks Corner for a bus mechanic and a tanker driver to fuel buses. Requirements are:
Must have or be able to get a CDL
Clean background
Able to pass a drug test regularly
Clean driving record no more than 3 points
Pass a DOT physical
Mechanical abilities are highly desired.

This is a state job with state benefits. There is no drama and everyone works together so if you can’t do that please look elsewhere. If you would like to learn more:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/4225570/area-iii-vehicle-equipment-repair-technician-ii-line-mechanic-tbd?keywords=Area%20III&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/4225508/area-iii-vehicle-equipment-repair-technician-ii-fuel-lube-tbd?keywords=Area%20III&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. Not to be a dick.  Kids can make that at the quick lube.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lizARdman15] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:
View Quote

But not with state benefits, retirement and vacation time.

I'm not saying it's great, but it is definitely not Jiffy Lube

ETA: Welcome noob.  Moo!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lizARdman15:

But not with state benefits, retirement and vacation time.

I'm not saying it's great, but it is definitely not Jiffy Lube

ETA: Welcome noob.  Moo!!
View Quote

About the only thing it has is the retirement. If you stay the long. People seem to job shop by the week now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#4]
View Quote

It’s the long game with a state job.  Not sure how Class C employees work out on retirement benefits.  I think it’s a total of 95 between age and years on the job.  
(If I was class C I would have had to work 3 more years)

I’m a class B.  I put in 29 and retired at 59 with 50% pay and full insurance benefits.  If I die today my wife pulls the same for the rest of her life.  

But yea, state pay starts low and stays low unless you are the chosen one. The golden child that almost ready to retire management puts on a pedestal and fast tracks.  It’s usually golfing buddies that get there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:

It’s the long game with a state job.  Not sure how Class C employees work out on retirement benefits.  I think it’s a total of 95 between age and years on the job.  

I’m a class B.  I put in 29 and retired at 59 with 50% pay and full insurance benefits.  If I die today my wife pulls the same for the rest of her life.  

But yea, state pay starts low and stays low unless you are the chosen one. The golden child that almost ready to retire management puts on a pedestal and fast tracks.  It’s usually golfing buddies that get there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:

My buddy worked for Bank of America. He bought his gf clubs even though she never played. Her job was to hang out with the other wives and girlfriends. Usually to say let’s skip golf and get drinks or let’s let the guys go off. He said all real business dealings happen on the course of the club house.
Top Top