Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 9:26:13 AM EDT
I'm here currently visiting friends for RSD this weekend.  This is my 3rd year visiting the state and I really love the state.

One thing I'm curious about.  Economically how is it compared to other states?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rebel_rifle] [#1]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:

One thing I'm curious about.  Economically how is it compared to other states?
View Quote

That’s a very broad question. You need to be more specific.

This is also a very subjective question.

Compared to all other states is broad as well.

A lot will depend on what specific area/city you are looking at in NC. Some areas are far better than others.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you vote blue ..stay in co

Compared to northeast economic here is much better

Building is booming
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cviss:
If you vote blue ..stay in co

Compared to northeast economic here is much better

Building is booming
View Quote
I wouldn't be on this board if I did vote blue.

My political views are more on the libertarian/constitutionalist side but I generally vote Republican.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
It is quickly becoming expensive to live here.

Most people who want to move here want "some land where I can shoot, etc" be prepared to pay for it.

That kind of stuff is expensive.  Hope you have a good job lined up. There's plenty of work, you'll need it.

The state is purple, sliding blue.  Some try to deny it, but it's true.

Folks seem to think this is a conservative state that's inexpensive to live in with plentiful cheap land.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By REAPER2502:

It is quickly becoming expensive to live here.

Most people who want to move here want "some land where I can shoot, etc" be prepared to pay for it.

That kind of stuff is expensive.  Hope you have a good job lined up. There's plenty of work, you'll need it.

The state is purple, sliding blue.  Some try to deny it, but it's true.

Folks seem to think this is a conservative state that's inexpensive to live in with plentiful cheap land.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
View Quote

Your comments are very valid.  

Compared to northeast and co.  The prices are very attractive.  

Example when I lived in the Hudson valley of Ny 3/8’s of arce and house was a raised ranch 1900 sq ft

When I sold it in 2019.  School and property tax was $11,300 a year .  Yes you pay school tax in NY regardless if you have kids attending or not.  

Here I have 3.18 acres and 1400 sq ft house my taxes are $908 a year.  

In nc you can live on 50k very comfortably.  Ny 100k you poor.  Taxes fees cost of living is nuts….

I know when I lived on the coast locals were complaining of houses on the beach being 380,000.  

When someone coming from these high tax and fee states that’s nothing for what they are use to spending..

average house now is north of 450-500,000 so prices here seem dirt cheap ..

its a bad cycle that really needs to be broke in these liberal shot holes.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Costs of living here are rising rapidly. Unfortunately for the people that are from here , we’re getting priced out .
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I moved from Denver to Raleigh 7 years ago, LOVE IT!!

Cost of living is going to vary drastically depending on the area.  But, all of it much cheaper than the Front Range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top