Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2021 8:32:43 AM EDT
I know it's a no-go in NYC, but state permits are valid on Long Island correct?

Taking the kids to the beach this summer, and figured it would be prudent to carry like normal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know it's a no-go in NYC, but state permits are valid on Long Island correct?

Taking the kids to the beach this summer, and figured it would be prudent to carry like normal.
View Quote

Correct. The local cops may try to tell you otherwise but it's absolutely wrong. You are good to go.

Gotta disarm and lock unload in trunk when traveling through any of the 5 boroughs though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you heading to?
View Quote

We are just getting ideas right now. A friend mentioned the Hamptons. We want to take the kids to the beach, might end up in any number of states though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, if you need any info on any Long Island beaches, from Atlantic Beach to Montauk, let me know.
And, if the Hamptons are on the list, book a place sooner, rather than later. Reservations are always in short supply, and it's not so easy to just stay someplace somewhat nearby and drive to the beach in the morning. Lack of parking is a chronic issue, as is beach access for a few areas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are just getting ideas right now. A friend mentioned the Hamptons. We want to take the kids to the beach, might end up in any number of states though.

Well, if you need any info on any Long Island beaches, from Atlantic Beach to Montauk, let me know.
And, if the Hamptons are on the list, book a place sooner, rather than later. Reservations are always in short supply, and it's not so easy to just stay someplace somewhat nearby and drive to the beach in the morning. Lack of parking is a chronic issue, as is beach access for a few areas.

We might end up in CT or MA instead because of house pricing.

LI is a lot higher during the good months for some reason.

I think I'm gonna push for VA or one of the Carolinas though, longer trip, but it should be less crowded and cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The Outer Banks in NC are the destination you seek.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The Exalted Leaders of Long Island do not trust the residents of Long Island to carry, but they do trust the residents of any other county that issues CCW to carry on Long Island. There's about 3,000,000 residents on Long Island, and I think the total CCW is maybe 20 to 25.

But the bagels are great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Note that you can't carry in state parks, so not those beaches.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same reason that the north shore of Long Island beaches don't compare to the south shore beaches.
South shore beaches are world class. Wide, white sandy beaches, can walk for miles.
View Quote
As a north shore native, I have always preferred the calmness of the north shore beaches though as a kid we often went to Jones Beach. My favorite spots are on Oyster Bay. The concept of "rip currents" does not apply. I am not as fond of the sound side as it is rocky though the view of the mainland is nice while swimming.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Outer Banks in NC are the destination you seek.
View Quote

This.
We went last year and it was very relaxing to sit on our balcony in the morning, drink my coffee while watching the dolphins swim by.
Beaches were clean and not crowded at all.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Exalted Leaders of Long Island do not trust the residents of Long Island to carry, but they do trust the residents of any other county that issues CCW to carry on Long Island. There's about 3,000,000 residents on Long Island, and I think the total CCW is maybe 20 to 25.

But the bagels are great.
View Quote

Excluding retired cops and DAs, there are A LOT of guys on LI with business or full carry ($$$$).

OP, also check out Hampton In NH - not sure where in NY you are, but close enough to drive, and guns!

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top