Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2020 3:13:45 PM EDT
How long until she announces an extension to the lock down?

Ohio extended until the end of April.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
i have no idea. but i'm sick of her.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I read something stating that our own crazy aunt was thinking about the end of June but not sure if that's legit. Our illustrious AG is starting to get delusions of grandeur as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I am guessing whatever the extension is will be announced tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was already extended to the end of the month (April)?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Report: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will extend stay-at-home order

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/report-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer-will-extend-stay-at-home-order.html

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is planning to extend the state's stay-at-home order put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, she told WOOD TV 8 Wednesday.  

Whitmer told WOOD TV 8 the order, which is currently in effect through April 13, "is going to be extended" and said her office would be making an announcement tomorrow...
View Quote

Announcement to be made during her official update Thursday, April 9th.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I heard, its likely extended till end of the month. She wanted it extended till June but the legislature wasn't going along with it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#8]
https://www.woodtv.com/health/coronavirus/michigan-stay-at-home-order-extension/

Yep, announcement coming at 3pm.

Could you imagine if you really did extend it till June?  
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Extended until April 30th. Live. Looking for link

And of course she throws out racial inequities. It couldn't possibly be the fact I've seen large groups of people gathering at stores to bullshit. The reason Flint enacted a curfew.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
She is an idiot. She has no solid answers or statistics. This whole thing is way above her head.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got an emergency alert on my cell phone.

Can't post pics, but I assume some of you got it too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just got an emergency alert on my cell phone.

Can't post pics, but I assume some of you got it too.
View Quote

yep.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]

I hate this communist bitch. Party of science my ass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#15]
^this^
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I am reading of push back by the citizenry.  Recall petitions against Whitmer are circulating.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am reading of push back by the citizenry.  Recall petitions against Whitmer are circulating.
View Quote

I would hope there is a recall against all three. Gov, commie lt. gov, lesbian fascist AG as well.
Where can I sign?
This is all bullshit. She's getting as bad as all the rest of the commie fucking pricks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#19]
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/10/whitmer-stay-home-michigan-lottery/5129316002/

Whitmer's new stay home order blasted by critics for lack of consistency
View Quote

State residents can't travel to their Up North cottages, but Illinois residents who own one in Michigan apparently can.

In-store purchases of Michigan Lottery tickets are still permitted, but buying a can of paint or a bag of seeds is off limits.

Though many Michigan residents applaud Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's extended and expanded "stay home" order, handed down Thursday, plenty of them are questioning the inconsistencies and others are outright opposed to the new travel restrictions.
View Quote

Beginning Saturday morning, previously permitted travel between two Michigan residences will end, including jumping in the car to visit a friend, or even walking across the street to watch TV with a neighbor. Exceptions include purposes such as caring for a relative, an elderly friend or a pet, visiting a nursing home or similar facility, attending a funeral with no more than 10 people, or complying with a court order related to child custody.
View Quote

"Ms. Whitmer seems obsessed with power and gaining a position on the national stage and as a Democrat," Wilke said. "Those objectives aren’t in the best interest of our state or the people she had sworn to serve."

At least two Capitol protests are planned. One is at noon Wednesday, a car-based demonstration organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition. Another is at 9 a.m. on April 30, planned by the Facebook group Michigan United for Liberty.

Violations of the order can bring a civil fine of up to $1,000 and also could be treated as a criminal misdemeanor, but many questioned how practical it is to enforce the expanded travel restrictions.
View Quote

More at link.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#20]
As of today all she said was that it will be extended ...
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

@redpine

She mentioned another extension?  Beyond 01May?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@redpine

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@redpine

Indeed, she noted the stay at home order should and will be extended beyond when the state of emergency in MI expires 1 May.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#23]
It looks like it's time to put the winter cover back on my boat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm trying to find out more about extending the extensions
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#25]

https://bongino.com/whitmer-threatens-extending-lockdown-in-response-to-protesters

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#26]
so can i be arrested or fined for driving to Wisconsin to get potting soil?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#27]
When Literally WHilter talks, I hear it in a Bill Lumbergh voice;

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
so can i be arrested or fined for driving to Wisconsin to get potting soil?
View Quote

I stopped by the local hardware store are they're selling potting soil.  Appears only the big box stores that selll food  and "essentials" are witholding from selling other items.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck All of This
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Pass all the EO's you want.

I'm going to go about my business like I always have.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Nothing to see here peasant, move along:

From the .gov release:

Contact tracing is a proven public health strategy that involves identifying those affected by COVID-19 and interviewing friends, families and others near that person about their contacts and symptoms. MDHHS is contracting with Great Lakes Community Engagement, a firm that specializes in outreach campaigns to engage citizens, and Every Action VAN, a voter/individual contact platform used by non-profits, to provide software to help organize remote phone banking and track information and contacts.
View Quote

Still think this is just about a virus?  

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nothing to see here peasant, move along:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWIy84QXkAEFuaO?format=jpg&name=medium

From the .gov release:

Still think this is just about a virus?  

View Quote

I think she was forced to reverse this, I saw something quickly on FN last night about it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Heard rumors another Lansing protest might be in the works for April 30th? Anyone hear anything about it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#34]
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigan-gov-whitmer-faces-protest-outside-her-home-as-lawmakers-mull-curbing-her-powers

Michigan Gov. Whitmer faces protest outside her home as lawmakers mull curbing her powers
View Quote

Protesters gathered outside the home of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Thursday -- the same day reports emerged that she plans to extend the state’s coronavirus stay-at-home order by two weeks until May 15.

The demonstration, dubbed “Operation Queen’s Castle,” featured an image of Whitmer wearing a crown, FOX 2 of Detroit reported.

“We wanted to send Gretchen Whitmer a message, we didn't want to surrender our liberties just for a little temporary safety,” Brian Pannebecker, who helped organize the protest, told the station.
View Quote

Meanwhile, the Michigan Legislature has scheduled a special session for Friday with the goal of creating an oversight committee to review Whitmer’s coronavirus orders and possibly strip her of some of her powers, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Critics have accused Whitmer, a 48-year-old first-term Democratic governor, of overstepping her authority with a series of measures intended to stem the spread of coronavirus in the state. April 9 revisions to her initial stay-at-home order included bans on visiting friends and relatives or traveling to vacation homes, and halts on sales of items such as furniture and gardening supplies.
View Quote

In a podcast interview, she also said abortions should continue in the state during the virus outbreak because the procedures were part of "life-sustaining" health care for women.

In addition, Whitmer came under fire after a no-bid coronavirus-related state contract was awarded to a firm operated by a well-known Democratic consultant who had written that President Trump should "get coronavirus ASAP." Whitmer’s office later acknowleged that the contract was awarded without adhering to normal protocols.

Michigan House Speaker Lee Chatfield, R-Levering, explained the point of Friday’s planned session in a Twitter message.
View Quote

“The House & Senate will convene tomorrow to create a special oversight committee on COVID-19 to examine our government’s response,” he wrote. “Michigan needs to handle this pandemic seriously yet properly. It’s what the people deserve, and we will see that it happens.”

In another tweet, Chatfield noted that marijuana, lottery tickets and alcohol had been declared "essential," while lawn care, construction and fishing in a motorized boat had been declared nonessential amid the outbreak.
View Quote

More at link.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Witless will continue the lock down but will lift some of the personal restrictions today.  So nice of that fascist to give us a bit of freedom.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish she'd open the State outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Did any hear mention of when the SOS might reopen?  Despite claiming otherwise, there's not much you can do online other than renew tabs (which is kind of irrelevant at this point).
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did any hear mention of when the SOS might reopen?  Despite claiming otherwise, there's not much you can do online other than renew tabs (which is kind of irrelevant at this point).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98810-524224--,00.html

When will Secretary of State offices reopen?  

All Secretary of State offices will be closed through the duration of Governor Whitmer's Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order. Customers should anticipate branch offices will not be reopened prior to May 14. Secretary Benson and her administration will continue to work with Governor Whitmer's administration to monitor public health across the state in order to determine when we can reopen branch offices.

Last updated: April 10, 2020

As you can see by the last update date of April 10th, they've known for two weeks now that the State was going to end up being shut down until Mid-May.  They are just slowly spoon-feeding this to us as we go along.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Interesting...  Last time I checked that FAQ they were talking about earlier in May.  I had an appointment for the 5th, but it was canceled and I was given no option to reschedule.  Next avaliable appointment is the 21st.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#40]
At least I can launch my boat, after I reassemble it..
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
At least I can launch my boat, after I reassemble it..
View Quote

Yeah, the Gov said motor boating is okay.  I wonder how much her husband influenced that decision.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I think she relaxed it because she saw that people including several Sheriffs up North weren't going to follow this much longer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Gov said motor boating is okay.  I wonder how much her husband influenced that decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think she relaxed it because she saw that people including several Sheriffs up North weren't going to follow this much longer.

I think after she got sued for the cottage use ban, and saw the national mocking for garden centers and motor boats, she backed down to avoid continued controversy.

She's drunk with power, and stupid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Masks mandatory

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had to laugh while listening to the radio today.  Top of the hours news on Fox radio, gal announces "Michigan governor allows motor boating again".  I'll bet the guy who wrote that copy was laughing his ass off as she read it word for word.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
So is there a list of what changed today?  I am not finding it online.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Hitler Whitmer is just auditioning for crazy Joe's open VP spot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did receive an email from Senator Rick Outman this morning on the new EO.

Copypasta:

While the new order relaxes some restrictions on outdoor activities and will allow some workers who perform previously suspended activities to go back to work, it brings with it new requirements. People are now required to wear face coverings when they enter enclosed public spaces. Though no criminal charges will result from not wearing a mask, businesses reserve the right to refuse service to those who choose not to.

Some businesses will be allowed to resume operations as long as employees practice the “enhanced social-distancing rules” spelled out in the order. These workers including garden stores, nurseries, lawn care, pest control and landscaping operations. Big box stores can reopen sections of the store that were previously closed, such as garden centers.

Retailers that don't sell “necessary” supplies can also reopen for curbside pick-up and delivery. People are allowed to leave home to pick up “non-essential” supplies, but only at the curb. These stores must otherwise remain closed to the public.

The order still requires people to stay at home, and bans public and private gatherings of any size who are not part of the same household.

The new executive order allows people to travel between two of their residences in Michigan or to a residence outside of state. It also lists “boating” and “golfing” among the list of outdoor recreational activity that people can engage in outside of their homes.

Whitler's EO: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-526894--,00.html

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I tried to go to Menards today.  They would not let me in.    I went to Walmart.....no problem getting in.  I got my lawn supplies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I tried to go to Menards today.  They would not let me in.    I went to Walmart.....no problem getting in.  I got my lawn supplies.
View Quote

Long after this is over those who bend the knee for the Queen will be remembered.  No more spending money at Menard's for me.

Stopped at Meijer when I got back in to town last night, no problems picking up a few things.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top