Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 11:04:33 PM EDT
My Google-fu is failing me.  I'm getting spotty results and a lot of them are "At home" and "By apointment only" hobbie type smiths.    I also dug around the pinned thread but nothing sticks out.

I need my 14.5 pined to 16" with a Warcomp.  Preferably in the North Valley but I can do anywhere to central Phoenix as I work close to down town so I could drop it off during the day.  I also need a resonable turnaround.  I don't want to have it lost in limbo for 3 weeks.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve really liked LRK mechanical in Prescott, worth the drive in my opinion. They’ve done good work for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
A pro will probably have a workload and not be a quick turnaround.  I'd find who you feel comfortable with and accept the wait is what it is for quality work.  That said, a pin and weld job isn't the hardest.  It's basically dimpling a barrel and tacking a pin to the muzzle device. I don't know any in that area but any pros that can afford to keep the lights on can probably do it just fine.  Machining and hand fitting is what sets them apart IMO.  I'd just look for halfway decent reviews and pick one who can meet your timeline.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
This is who I went to. Picture of work below. Not ask pretty as some of the tiny bead looking jobs out there, but I think it looks good. It was $60 I believe. I am pretty sure someone else went to him and was happy with it too.

I have heard really good things about Mr. Silencer in Mesa, but they are at least an hour from me and had a 1-2 week lead time when I got this done. A couple shops wanted $120, but I don't remember them other than they were in the 101/I-17 area.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Check with Jeff at Arizona Armory 602-819-4615
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top