Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 8:19:03 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I have a friend in WI who is a suppressor dealer. He will give me really good pricing, but me being a MN resident causes some complications. Does anyone know of a SOT (or whatever, I’m not up on all the terminology) dealer that would do the form 4 transfer if I bought from him to ship to MN? I don’t own any suppressors now, so I am new to this process.  Obviously I would expect to pay for this service.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you located?  There are a ton of options.
View Quote

I am in the SE metro.  Someone suggested Accutac in Lakeville, which is very close to me.  I plan to give them a call tomorrow.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They are only open Wed to Sat if I remember correctly. Stand up place.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is on Form 4 then there will be double the Tax Stamps $400 - $200 to transfer it to a dealer and dealer to you.
It would have to be a really good deal to eat $200 extra.......

Hopefully it is on Form 3. So a dealer to dealer on Form 3 (tax free) and then on a Form 4 to you 1 tax stamp.  So only 1 tax stamp to pay
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm certainly not an expert, but the way my dealer friend explained it to me was that there would only need to be one Form 4.  I'll find out on Thursday when Accutac opens and I'll talk to both them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Assuming the item was sent from the factory to the dealer that is Form 3 tax free
Assuming the item is going from the dealer to another dealer that is Form 3 tax free
Now to transfer to a individual/trust to from a dealer that is Form 4 $200 tax

Now, say the suppressor/machine gun was in the hands of an individual selling it to a dealer.....that is Form 4 transfer to the dealer $200 tax
Then a transfer to another dealer that would be a Form 3 tax free
Now to transfer to a individual/trust to from a dealer that is Form 4 $200 tax
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a follow-up here.  Stopped in at Accutac on Thursday.  Dillon was super cool, and I think I learned more about suppressors after BS’ing with him for 15 minutes than I knew prior to that.  He is going to do the transfer (single form 4 transfer) on the can that my buddy’s shop has in stock, and I am buying the other directly from Accutac.  I’m glad that this shop exists, and is so close to me.  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#11]
He was also willing to sell me 3 cans in June of 2018, 25 months ago and I still don’t have them. I have called the atf and they have no record of them being filed. I have not been able to get a Facebook response or email response from him either. With the shop now reopen with limited hours I am going to have to get in there but It not easy with my schedule. I already own 4 cans 2 from him and 2 from another shop and multiple sbr’s. So I’m prett y up to speed on the process. I’m not sure how I’m going to handle it from here. My next call is going to be a lawyer. Good luck erud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top