Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2022 6:20:41 PM EDT
Are there any forums that are specific to Ohio? Here in Washington we have Waguns and NWFA, is there anything similar.

My son is in the Eastern part of the state and is looking to sell an AR, but he doesn't want to sell to a shop is he has to. He was thinking more along the lines of a private sale.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Can he post it here in the EE ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really gets any real views, Armslist is an option but gonna cost to join. EE on here but he would have to be a member .
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can he post it here in the EE ?
View Quote

EE here on ARFCOM is probably the best place with Armslist no longer being free. He can put in in the EE with the caveat of "face-to-face sale only" if he's not willing to ship.

OFCC has a forum with a classified section but the traffic is way down https://ohioccwforums.org/

There's TacSwap but I recently tried to log in and saw they now charge a $5 verification fee. I've never used it so YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

EE here on ARFCOM is probably the best place with Armslist no longer being free. He can put in in the EE with the caveat of "face-to-face sale only" if he's not willing to ship.

OFCC has a forum with a classified section but the traffic is way down https://ohioccwforums.org/

There's TacSwap but I recently tried to log in and saw they now charge a $5 verification fee. I've never used it so YMMV.
View Quote

OFCC used to have a GREAT classifieds. I'm talking 10+ years ago.

I logged in a while back and the place was dead :(
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the EE. Have him specify “local transfer in eastern Ohio only” and be willing to vouch for him, as you are a Team member with exceptional feedback.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to get him an account started here this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I do most of my local swapping through a covert FB group.
View Quote

Feel free to PM me that group! I've been on a few but they seem to get shut down pretty quick.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#10]
For FTF sales for a long gun in Ohio, specifically an AR, what happens? Does he need to do a bill of sale? Does he need to meet at a FFL to transfer and the new to be owner does his/ NICS check?

I have not lived in Ohio, and am not familiar with their laws... and of course they vary state to state.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is up to the individual, there is no legal transfer paperwork required.  Most people just show each other their Ohio Drivers license or concealed carry license exchange cash, exchange gun and done.
View Quote

This.  You can also just show up with cash & get the gun in return.  I hear thats how armslist deals went.  .  If he's concerned do it at a public place or take a buddy; I've gone both routes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Some small town police departments will let you use their parking lot when doing a private sale of a firearm, or anything for that matter. Call ahead and find one that is OK with that.  My town is definitely not OK with that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is up to the individual, there is no legal transfer paperwork required.  Most people just show each other their Ohio Drivers license or concealed carry license exchange cash, exchange gun and done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For FTF sales for a long gun in Ohio, specifically an AR, what happens? Does he need to do a bill of sale? Does he need to meet at a FFL to transfer and the new to be owner does his/ NICS check?

I have not lived in Ohio, and am not familiar with their laws... and of course they vary state to state.

Does age matter for this? FYI, my son is a few months shy of his 19th Birthday.

@shotar
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Tell him to take the weapon to a local gun show. Walk around and wait for offers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Armslist is such a joke anymore, been a member for the last 2-3 months
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top