Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:18:22 PM EDT
Anyone know of any good AK builders in the Boise/Nampa area?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Republic or Waste Managment make damn good trashcans; I'm sure they could help.

Lol!!!  I kid, I kid.

Don't know of any who builds stamped steel guns around these parts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have briefly spoken to this guy, I've never seen his work in person but the pictures I've seen look nice.

https://www.northwestgunsupply.com/custom-builds
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have briefly spoken to this guy, I've never seen his work in person but the pictures I've seen look nice.

https://www.northwestgunsupply.com/custom-builds
View Quote
Yeah I ended up hitting him up and later stopping by his shop. He does good work for a very good price. I'll be going to him for my two builds that I'm working on right now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Republic or Waste Managment make damn good trashcans; I'm sure they could help.

Lol!!!  I kid, I kid.

Don't know of any who builds stamped steel guns around these parts.
View Quote
Don't be talking shit Matt!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I pretty much have all of the AK building tooling except for head gauge spacing... I have enough tooling to make various types of AK's.... i even have 3 different bending jigs and the proper spot welding set up, hell you can even make a Mak90 if you want, which is what i may do next since i have the parts for one. Hell i even have parkarizing fluid, pan and thermometer to do this as well.

The stuff you collect from living behind enemy lines (aka Kaliforniastan).

It's been a few years since i made an AK, but I'm sure i can remember how to build one, thou i would need to get more rivets and blanks first.

PM me if you are thinking about building one yourself, perhaps with enough people on here, we can do a build party.

Cheers,

Gene
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I pretty much have all of the AK building tooling except for head gauge spacing... I have enough tooling to make various types of AK's.... i even have 3 different bending jigs and the proper spot welding set up, hell you can even make a Mak90 if you want, which is what i may do next since i have the parts for one. Hell i even have parkarizing fluid, pan and thermometer to do this as well.

The stuff you collect from living behind enemy lines (aka Kaliforniastan).

It's been a few years since i made an AK, but I'm sure i can remember how to build one, thou i would need to get more rivets and blanks first.

PM me if you are thinking about building one yourself, perhaps with enough people on here, we can do a build party.

Cheers,

Gene
View Quote
Hi Gene. I'm actually not building one from scratch, but converting a few Saiga's. So nothing too hard. Just need to press off/on front sights and gas blocks, rivet in the bullet guides, move the fire control group forward, and weld in and rivet some stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hi Gene. I'm actually not building one from scratch, but converting a few Saiga's. So nothing too hard. Just need to press off/on front sights and gas blocks, rivet in the bullet guides, move the fire control group forward, and weld in and rivet some stuff.
View Quote
Sounds like fun
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Right, now the only issue I think we'll run into is finding someone with a tig welder to weld up some of the holes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Right, now the only issue I think we'll run into is finding someone with a tig welder to weld up some of the holes.
View Quote
It's been a while since I've been in the AK builder scene but IIRC people would just take a penny and put it inside the Saiga receiver and mig the holes shut over the penny, then grind and refinish. I don't remember tig being necessary for that but like I said it's been a long time.

Back in around 06 I had all the jigs and tools to build an AK, I had quite a few people take me up on my offer of building their AK for a six pack of beer. We also put on a big AK build party over 2 days in Elk Grove before everyone got all sensitive about it.

Attachment Attached File

This Wz. 88 was the the best build I did.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's been a while since I've been in the AK builder scene but IIRC people would just take a penny and put it inside the Saiga receiver and mig the holes shut over the penny, then grind and refinish. I don't remember tig being necessary for that but like I said it's been a long time.

Back in around 06 I had all the jigs and tools to build an AK, I had quite a few people take me up on my offer of building their AK for a six pack of beer. We also put on a big AK build party over 2 days in Elk Grove before everyone got all sensitive about it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/65327/IMG_20160707_172247-700438.JPG
This Wz. 88 was the the best build I did.
View Quote
Good info right there, joe. I'll let my buddy know. He's getting his whole AK jig set made right now. Already has everything else except a welder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top