Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2019 10:02:43 PM EDT
Makes you wonder if Lenny is making advance preparations in the event that things in CA get too hot.

You KNOW he's getting ready to bail!

Pretty amazing that his business is one of the largest if not THE largest Glock dealers in the US given their current location.

Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
There was an article about it, late last year, and it was mentioned that the California  state government was definitely not friendly to their business.  Texas and a few other states were considered, but Tennessee had a gun friendly government, business friendly government, and a location that was favorable to a business that ships to customers in various states.

The Glockstore youtube channel has been vlogging the progress on their new facility.  They got a 60,000 sq ft warehouse near the airport (1930 Airlane Dr, if my memory isn't off) and did demolition work, last spring, to remove the old office space that was attached to the warehouse and left just the warehouse shell.  Took til August to get the permit to start construction work.  In addition to their new offices and a new retail store, the building will house their machineshop, a 50 yard indoor range and some smaller shooting rooms, along with their warehouse and shipping department.

Last I heard, their California location will keep the old retail store and range open, but everything else is being moved to Nashville.  They seem to be determined to remove the majority of their company from any influence that California has.

ETA: One of the videos mentioned that the new facility will also have a new studio for making their youtube videos, so it seems they are setting things up so that a future decision to close the California location would have as little impact on the company as possible.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
For some reason, they apparently wanted to be as close to the airport as possible.

I guess coming from California, Nashville looked extremely conservative, to them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's the most recent video they've done on the progress on the new facility.

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #8!
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's the most recent video they've done on the progress on the new facility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFnc7bJ-O8Q
View Quote
Wow! That is one big building.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's an older video, showing the interior of the building essentially empty, and giving a quick description of what they are putting in.

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #3!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That almost looks like a warehouse in Madison that I bought a piece of equipment out of a while back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
They've done a couple more updates:

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #9!

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #10!
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like they are currently expecting to be open around June.

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #11!

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #12!
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]
OK as long as he doesn't bring any with him that thinks and VOTES Liberal Kalifornication wise.  You know like gun control, state income tax, sanctuary cities........etc...etc....
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Latest video:

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #13!

He's saying June or July for the opening.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#15]

He reminds me of Tim Allen's character (Mike Baxter) on "Last Man Standing".
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Latest update, with exterior view.
Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #14!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Effective Monday the San Diego retail store is only open to LEO/First responders and firearm pickups (existing orders) to 'civilians' by appointment only.

Gotta wonder how much longer the CA location will remain open once the online store/warehouse moves all the stuff to TN.

Not long, I'm betting.

Is Lenny offering to help relocate CA employees who request relocation to Free America?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I’ll go buy some stuff just to show support.  He puts out good content, in my opinion.  I’m not real crazy about some of the flashy parts but I’m happy he’s moving to TN to sell them.

Just don’t F it up by voting democrat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
The original San Diego location is doomed.

I can't remember which jackass said this but either the San Diego County sheriff or the chief of police has publicly stated that complete elimination of civilian firearm ownership is possible within 2-3 generations.

With friends like that who needs enemas?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The original San Diego location is doomed.

I can't remember which jackass said this but either the San Diego County sheriff or the chief of police has publicly stated that complete elimination of civilian firearm ownership is possible within 2-3 generations.

With friends like that who needs enemas?
View Quote

F that guy in San Diego.  I can't imagine how many times that idiot watched the first thirty minutes of Demolition Man and jerked off to that Utopia.

What's funny is that many of the same people who would take our firearms ownership rights are the same exact ones who hate cops.  You can't have it both ways.  Without the 2A, you'll have a police state or eventually crime so crazy the cops can't keep up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's funny is that many of the same people who would take our firearms ownership rights are the same exact ones who hate cops.  You can't have it both ways.  Without the 2A, you'll have a police state or eventually crime so crazy the cops can't keep up.
View Quote

Some of them seem to honestly believe that if you got rid of all the guns, then got rid of all the cops, that we would have utopia, because everyone would be able to do what they wanted to, and everyone would do the right thing (projecting their belief of what they would do, onto others - a double delusion, since they have fooled themselves about what they would do in such a situation, and fooled themselves about how others would act in that situation).
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #15!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Lenny's down on "The Farm" with the MCK - Gen 2!

Seems there's more to the expansion in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m really happy to see him here in Tennessee.  Let’s just hope he votes the right way for 2A.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #16!

Opening of the new store delayed.  Sounds like they are tentatively looking at Labor Day weekend.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Tour of the building.

Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #17!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Short video of the exterior of the administrative side of the building.
Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #18!

First shots fired on the new range.
Lenny Magill's Nashville VLOG #19!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I suspect he will gradually learn what it means to be stuck dealing with Nashville's government.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ronnie Barrett will soon have an empty retail space he'd probably rent out.
View Quote

The Outpost going to close?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s supposed to be moving to another location in Murfreesboro, actual location unknown by me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It’s supposed to be moving to another location in Murfreesboro, actual location unknown by me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new building off New/Old Salem Rd will be a range ran by Nashville Armory and Outpost Armory will run the retail side of the business.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow. I lived right there on Hwy 99 going out towards Cason Lane school. Probably built up now like everywhere else in the Boro
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The new building off New/Old Salem Rd will be a range ran by Nashville Armory and Outpost Armory will run the retail side of the business.
View Quote

Any deets on what kind of range, such as indoor + outdoor, indoor only (like the Armory), or something else?

Would be nice to have a rifle range like Strategic Edge that I don't have to drive 50 miles for.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Any deets on what kind of range, such as indoor + outdoor, indoor only (like the Armory), or something else?

Would be nice to have a rifle range like Strategic Edge that I don't have to drive 50 miles for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indoor only, but there is 100yd lanes
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks, gents.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow. I lived right there on Hwy 99 going out towards Cason Lane school. Probably built up now like everywhere else in the Boro
View Quote

Tony, it is on Bubba's farm right across from Warrior Drive before the bridge.  Bubba finally sold the entire farm when he gave up the idea of opening a strip club there to piss off the 'mega church' (World Outreach).  LOL
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Right about there. I saw it today when I was driving to Outpost on I-24
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tony, it is on Bubba's farm right across from Warrior Drive before the bridge.  Bubba finally sold the entire farm when he gave up the idea of opening a strip club there to piss off the 'mega church' (World Outreach).  LOL
View Quote

Okay. I lived on Stonebrook Dr, right past the World Outreach church.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Great.   That just upped me wanting an MCK2.    
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Great.   That just upped me wanting an MCK2.    
View Quote

Don't know how much of an improvement the MCK Gen2 is, but the Gen1 is a lot of fun.  I've been thinking about getting the G20/G21 version.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't know how much of an improvement the MCK Gen2 is, but the Gen1 is a lot of fun.  I've been thinking about getting the G20/G21 version.
View Quote
I've been trying to research the gen2 some and it seems fun.   I'm just not sure what optic to use yet.   I want something reliable, but not stupid expensive.

I'm also curious how people would react at the range with it.     I guess I could take it to the rifle side for 25 & 50 yd shots.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've been trying to research the gen2 some and it seems fun.   I'm just not sure what optic to use yet.   I want something reliable, but not stupid expensive.

I'm also curious how people would react at the range with it.     I guess I could take it to the rifle side for 25 & 50 yd shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen widely varying claims on accuracy, with the MCK Gen1 and the earlier microRoni, but some of those claims seemed to ignore the main problem with accuracy on these things.  They give you a much longer sight radius and much better flexibility in what optic you can mount, which is a good thing, but they can reduce the rigidity between the sights and the barrel (which is a bad thing).

On the pistol, the standard sights are rigidly mounted to the slide, and the barrel 'locks in' to the slide.  A loosely fitting barrel will obviously make the gun less accurate, due to the 'play' in the connection between the sights and barrel.

On the MCK, the sights are mounted on the top rail on the chassis (the Gen2 has a more rigid rail than the Gen1), and the chassis is mounted to the rail on the pistol's frame.  That means you have the normal issue of the 'play' between the barrel and slide, but then add the 'play' between the slide and frame, the 'play' between the pistol frame and the MCK chassis, and any flex in the chassis.   The flex is something similar to the issue of free floating the handguard on an AR, so it's an issue for longer ranges, but probably not as much of an issue as the 'play' being introduced at multiple points.  Different pistols are going to have different amounts of 'play' at those points, so it's not surprising that people are seeing different levels of accuracy.

Some have addressed the 'play' at the frame to chassis connection, by adding tape as a sort of shim to tighten up the fit between the pistol and the MCK chassis.  If the pistol slips into the MCK easily, shimming it to tighten up the fit, would probably not be a bad idea.  I tightened up the fit by modifying a Polymer80 frame to fit the MCK (also required one small mod to the MCK), gradually removing a little material, testing the fit, then removing a little more material, until I got a nice, tight fit (it doesn't just easily slip in, like the demonstration videos for the MCK).  I also leave that pistol in the MCK, to prevent wear on that fit, and to eliminate any problems that would be similar to removing a scope from an AR upper, then putting it back on without rechecking the zero.  If I buy one of the G20/G21 MCKs, I'll do the same with another Polymer80 frame that I'm still working out the bugs on it.

I've been wanting to try mine at 50 yards, to check accuracy at longer ranges, but haven't gotten around to it, yet.  Mostly just been using it at normal pistol distances, and it works great for that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks.     Any recommendations on a reliable but budget friendly optic?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks.     Any recommendations on a reliable but budget friendly optic?
View Quote

Any of the smaller optics that people recommend for ARs, should be fine.  The MCK rail uses sights of the same height typically used on ARs, and the recoil impulse that the optic gets hit with, is probably less than on a 5.56 AR.  

It's just that the larger optics look out of proportion, on the MCK. (I do want to eventually try a 4x scope on mine, at 100 yards, just because. )
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Any of the smaller optics that people recommend for ARs, should be fine.  The MCK rail uses sights of the same height typically used on ARs, and the recoil impulse that the optic gets hit with, is probably less than on a 5.56 AR.  

It's just that the larger optics look out of proportion, on the MCK. (I do want to eventually try a 4x scope on mine, at 100 yards, just because. )
View Quote

Got it, thanks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top