Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2023 10:07:08 PM EDT
House Bill 955 was officially introduced in the House of Representatives yesterday. The proposed law would allow those with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), an anxiety or depressive disorder or a substance use disorder to legally use psilocybin for medical and therapeutic purposes.

According to its official legal review note, as drafted "allows the therapeutic use of psilocybin for certain mental health conditions at therapeutic psilocybin treatment centers, establishes requirements for certifying a person to use therapeutic psilocybin, establishes requirements for licenses to administer psilocybin, and allows cultivation, manufacture, packages, labelling, possession, and administration of psilocybin at licensed therapeutic psilocybin treatment centers."

According to the website for the Montana Legislature, a draft for the bill was requested in November, with the draft ready for delivery on March 27. Today a fiscal note was officially requested, with the next step being for the bill to receive a committee assignment.

moar
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure the medical uses are limitless...
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure the medical uses are limitless...
View Quote

I've heard a couple of legitimate success stories from guys who have bad PTSD or TBIs who tried this for treatment. Same with ketamine therapy.

Unlike most of the other drugs that you would think of as recreational most people thankfully have less than zero interest in psychedelics and hallucinogens.

Anything aside from "rewiring the brain" kinds of therapy - I don't know of any medical uses whatsoever. Which I guess is your point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top