[#1]
That's in Lebanon, PA, NOT Lebanon, CT.

Red Wolf
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Why
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Did not happen in CT. Happened in Lebanon PA.

https://www.abc27.com/news/top-stories/lebanon-police-release-details-on-officer-dog-shooting/
https://www.fox43.com/article/news/local/police-shoot-rescue-dog-owner-wants-to-know-why-lebanon/521-6ce9bc99-7a30-4689-b98f-9753e724632f

As always, what happened before the clip started?

Unleashed dog was in someone else's yard. From one of the news articles:
The caller told police that he had discovered the dog while attempting to let his own dog outside, and had offered the stray water, but the dog growled at him.
The dog was not wearing a collar, and after failing to identify the dog's owner, officers spent approximately one hour making attempts to resolve the issue without the need to use a catch pole, police say.

After making several unsuccessful attempts to capture the dog with the use of the catch pole, responding officers decided to utilize a taser to incapacitate the dog to facilitate successful use of the pole. Officers were then able to loop the catch pole around the dog and attempted to calm the animal, police said.

The dog became aggressive, according to police, and based on its behavior, officers "reasonably believed" that if the dog was able to escape the catch pole, it would attack one of them.

Due to this, officers deemed the dog a danger and a threat, so as a "last resort," officers shot the dog one time in order to prevent complete escape from the catch pole and to protect officers and the public from endangerment.

The owner of the dog was identified shortly after the incident when she contacted police to report the dog missing, the release continued. The owner told police that she suspects an unknown person opened the gate to her yard releasing her two dogs; she recovered the first dog on her own prior to the incident with the deceased dog.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My bad.

I hope we all can still be internet friends
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My bad.

I hope we all can still be internet friends
View Quote

No worries.  I just wanted to make sure you guys know it wasn't in CT.

Red Wolf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top