Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2022 3:41:02 PM EDT
I haven't been to a show in years and saw that there's one in Lebanon next weekend.  I'm actually going to be home this weekend and I thought about going.  Are the shows dead or are they worth going to?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It is about expectations.

Manage them.

Have some local bbq.

Enjoy the day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is about expectations.

Manage them.

Have some local bbq.

Enjoy the day.
View Quote

This.

The Lebanon show isn't great, but it isn't horrible, either.

If you're looking for mass-produced knives made in Pakistan (but the dealer tells you they're made in East TN), you'll have plenty of options. Seriously, there have to be a dozen vendors all selling the same knives, some of which look nice, with prices all over the price. The price on a particular knife will vary pretty wildly from one vendor to the next.

If you want jewelry, pickles, jerky, or back massagers, you'll be in heaven.

There are usually a number of ammo vendors whose prices aren't TOO crazy. They're more expensive than buying online, but they do have it in stock and you won't pay shipping, at least.

You'll find a couple dealers with AR parts, but not many. At least one of them usually carries a few binary and/or forced reset triggers, so if you want one, but don't want your name on the manufacturers customer list, you'll have an opportunity to buy one with cash. You'll pay a VERY significant markup for the privilege, though (think $200 above retail). There are a couple others who usually have things like drums and CAA MCK chassis if you want one but don't want your name attached to the purchase.

If you're interested in a particular handgun, but want to put your mitts on it before ordering it from somewhere like Bud's, you'll likely find it there. If you don't mind paying a bit extra to take it home right away, you'll have the chance to do so.

One reason I like gun shows, to include the Lebanon show, is the relative abundance of used guns. There just aren't enough gun shops in Middle TN with as many used guns available as you'll find at the gun show. Sure, most of them price their used guns as if they're Franklin Gun Shop, but the guns are there if you're willing to part with the money.

If you're just looking for some mags or quaity parts, you're probably better off buying online.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some pickles!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

The Lebanon show isn't great, but it isn't horrible, either.

If you're looking for mass-produced knives made in Pakistan (but the dealer tells you they're made in East TN), you'll have plenty of options. Seriously, there have to be a dozen vendors all selling the same knives, some of which look nice, with prices all over the price. The price on a particular knife will vary pretty wildly from one vendor to the next.

If you want jewelry, pickles, jerky, or back massagers, you'll be in heaven.

There are usually a number of ammo vendors whose prices aren't TOO crazy. They're more expensive than buying online, but they do have it in stock and you won't pay shipping, at least.

You'll find a couple dealers with AR parts, but not many. At least one of them usually carries a few binary and/or forced reset triggers, so if you want one, but don't want your name on the manufacturers customer list, you'll have an opportunity to buy one with cash. You'll pay a VERY significant markup for the privilege, though (think $200 above retail). There are a couple others who usually have things like drums and CAA MCK chassis if you want one but don't want your name attached to the purchase.

If you're interested in a particular handgun, but want to put your mitts on it before ordering it from somewhere like Bud's, you'll likely find it there. If you don't mind paying a bit extra to take it home right away, you'll have the chance to do so.

One reason I like gun shows, to include the Lebanon show, is the relative abundance of used guns. There just aren't enough gun shops in Middle TN with as many used guns available as you'll find at the gun show. Sure, most of them price their used guns as if they're Franklin Gun Shop, but the guns are there if you're willing to part with the money.

If you're just looking for some mags or quaity parts, you're probably better off buying online.
View Quote

I’m always looking for that one thing I didn’t know I needed. I miss the KC shoot.  I’d always come back with a bunch of shit. I still have stuff I bought 20yrs ago from there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Very busy show this morning. Prices on used guns were just plain crazy. I found a market price 50rd Suomi mag that i bought off an old acquaintance.  The highlight was a Dutch Mannlicher clip loaded with 6.5x53r for $5.
If it wasn’t for that loaded clip, I’d probably would have been disappointed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top