Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 3:07:39 PM EDT
Just a reminder that tomorrow, 5/12 is the last day to request an absentee ballot. You can select COVID-19 concerns by selecting disabilities and illnesses when you fill out the application.

Website info is at https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/absentee-voting/

I hope you guys aren't sleeping out on this one. It is critical that we get a GOP person in office, at least to balance things out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Also make sure if you are emailed a ballot, that it does not say "Sample Ballot".  I'm not sure if this has been an honest mistake or not, but know of 2 deployed friends that had this appear on their official ballot PDF.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Panta_Rei:
Also make sure if you are emailed a ballot, that it does not say "Sample Ballot".  I'm not sure if this has been an honest mistake or not, but know of 2 deployed friends that had this appear on their official ballot PDF.
View Quote

Since the majority of deployed service members vote Republican, and that many election officials here in VA are democrats, it certainly seems possible that the sample ballot was sent to your friends on purpose.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By conductor:

Since the majority of deployed service members vote Republican, and that many election officials here in VA are democrats, it certainly seems possible that the sample ballot was sent to your friends on purpose.
View Quote

Hard to say.  Someone responded from the local office of the General Registrar and Director of Elections with:

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Please print the attached ballot.

We would have counted the original, because it was my error, but this one is the “official” ballot.

However, I could see discarding of ballots for multiple reasons that may not even involve the person that took ownership of the issue.  Let's be vigilant.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By conductor:

Since the majority of deployed service members vote Republican, and that many election officials here in VA are democrats, it certainly seems possible that the sample ballot was sent to your friends on purpose.
View Quote

I'm thinking you could be right.  So the official ballot that was resent still does not include the Congressional Race.  It's Culpeper, District 7 Freitas's home turf and we know the political shenanigans against him.....I notified Nick.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
(ETA from General Registrar) Response:

Last year, the 7th District Republican Committee chose to hold a Convention to determine the nominee. That was supposed to take place April 25, but has been delayed. Once those wheels were set in motion, it meant it was too late to switch back to a Primary.

So basically the deployed DOD folks who are most likely to vote Freitas via absentee will just have no voice?  Or will all show up in the November ballot?  There has been very poor comm on this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I got my absentee ballot yesterday for everyone in the household. Made sure everyone voted and they are in the mail box this morning.
Top Top