Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2021 6:38:15 AM EDT
Just cancelled a hotel stay for a few days going into the holiday, due to the oil spill….any alternate locations within a few hour drive from Phoenix?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like the problems are Huntington Beach/Seal Beach and south.  Which holiday period are you planning around?  My guess is it will be resolved before the year end holidays but who knows.  They'll be in hysterics for much longer.  I'd consider the Santa Barbara area.  It's farther away. (I'm not a beachy person but we like Santa Barbara and the area north, Santa Ynez Valley areas, etc. in general - for weekends.) San Diego county beaches, I think, might not be impacted.   I have no idea how pre-booked any of the areas are so not sure if maybe it might be a question of booking what's open.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It was this coming weekend…don’t think I’m going to find much available
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Redondo Beach, Hermosa to Manhattan Beach is nice. There are a bunch of hotels near the water. Not sure of the availability. I like the "Riviera village" area for hanging out. Lots to see and eat but the crowds aren't that bad. Lots of sun bathers, bikers and dog walkers. They never really shut down like other places. The cops don't really enforce Grewsome's edicts there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top