Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2024 7:51:48 PM EDT
I signed up for thier stupid portal but there is no option for ke to renew mine and its up in 3 months. What are my options ?
Can we still go to a local troop ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By acesneights:
I signed up for thier stupid portal but there is no option for ke to renew mine and its up in 3 months. What are my options ?
Can we still go to a local troop ?
View Quote

Its mail in or online portal only apparently per SLFU.

https://portal.ct.gov/DESPP/Division-of-State-Police/Special-Licensing-and-Firearms/State-Pistol-Permit#renewals
Pistol Permit Renewals
Ninety (90) days prior to the expiration of your permit, the issuing authority will mail out a renewal letter to your last known address. The law requires that you notify the issuing authority within 48 hours of changing your address. Currently, permit renewals can be mailed in or completed online.

Instructions for the mail in process can be obtained here

Instructions for the online process can be obtained here To renew your pistol permit online click here

The cost of renewing a state pistol permit is $70.00.

If you lose your renewal letter or fail to receive a letter in the mail, you may obtain a replacement form by clicking on renewal application below. State pistol permit holders are granted a 90 grace period to renew their permit. Permits expired beyond 90 days will not be renewed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
You say it expires in 3 months, but If you are more than 90 days out you cannot renew online (or through the mail).

If you are within the 90 day threshold and the portal doesn’t work for you then you’ll likely need to mail In your renewal.

Note for those who may be renewing after expiration - renewal must be through the mail.

Current renewal turnaround is approximately 90-120 days via either method, so be prepared to be without your carry piece for a while during processing.
View Quote

You can carry on an expired permit, just cant buy anything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
You say it expires in 3 months, but If you are more than 90 days out you cannot renew online (or through the mail).

If you are within the 90 day threshold and the portal doesn’t work for you then you’ll likely need to mail In your renewal.

Note for those who may be renewing after expiration - renewal must be through the mail.

Current renewal turnaround is approximately 90-120 days via either method, so be prepared to be without your carry piece for a while during processing.

And if you've already mailed in your renewal, SLFU asks you do not try to renew through the online portal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top