Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh. Interesting.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
His wife worked for Ned "Pumpkinhead" McWherter
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I find his use of being a TNARNG retired one-star rather disingenuous.

I reckon he hopes voters will have a mental image of GEN Patton.  

That would be false.

He is a lawyer, a JAG officer.  His general officer bio makes no mention of ever commanding a unit.  The most often highlighted achievement in the bio is where he provided legal services to Soldiers.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the redistricting enough to keep him out? Damn, i hate lying ass RINOs more than i hate dems.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the redistricting enough to keep him out? Damn, i hate lying ass RINOs more than i hate dems.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200035/Capture_JPG-2454828.JPG
View Quote
The problem is that this is a new district  and his commercials are airing every 5 minutes making him sound like a down home farm boy. They never mention donations to Harold Ford or who his wife is
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

The record says that is false:

A search of the Tennessee Online Campaign Finance website, which contains campaign finance reports dating back to at least 2000, shows that Winstead personally donated on at least seven occasions to Democratic campaigns.

In 2005 and 2006, Winstead is listed as donating $1,000 each year to former Tennessee Democrat Governor Phil Bredesen's political action committee. Bredesen won his 2006 re-election campaign against Republican Jim Bryson.

In 2006, Winstead additionally donated $250 to Democrat Mary Parker, who lost to now-State Senate Republican Leader Jack Johnson in the November general election, and $250 to former Democrat State Senator Lowe Finney's campaign.

In 2008, he donated $200 to the State Senate campaign of Democrat Jim Hawkins, who lost to former State Senator and former U.S. Representative Diane Black.

In 2010, Winstead donated $250 to the Democrat gubernatorial campaign of Michael McWherter, who lost to former Governor Bill Haslam.

In 2013, he donated $250 to Democrat Judge Phil Smith, a Davidson County Circuit Court judge.

As The Star previously reported, Winstead's donation and voting history comes into direct contrast with statements made by Kurt Winstead's campaign and in advertising. Kurt Winstead previously said, "I have been a conservative since conception, and I've been blessed to have a career outside politics. Our message is resonating with voters in the district, as our campaign continues to gain momentum."

In 2006, Kurt Winstead donated $1,000 to Democrat U.S. Senate nominee and former U.S. Representative Harold Ford Jr. in the race against former U.S. Senator Bob Corker.

A year later, records show Kurt Winstead donated $250 to the Tennessee Democratic Party. In 2008, the TN-5 candidate donated $300 to Democrat Bob Tuke's U.S. Senate campaign. Tuke went on to lose to former U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander.

In 2010, Kurt Winstead donated $1,000 to Democrat Brett Carter, who lost in the 6th Congressional District race against former Republican U.S. Representative Diane Black.

Additionally, Winstead's voting history, provided by Williamson County election officials, show that Winstead voted in the Democrat presidential preference primary in 2008, pulled a Democrat ballot in the August 2000 primary, and voted in the Democrat August primary in 1994.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard a radio ad from him a minute ago. He downplayed his old donations and laid it on pretty thick that he is just a good old boy like us.

lol.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I heard a radio ad from him a minute ago. He downplayed his old donations and laid it on pretty thick that he is just a good old boy like us.

lol.
View Quote

I heard it too.  His list of donations spanning 20 years is pretty damning though.  I don't believe him
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I heard it too.  His list of donations spanning 20 years is pretty damning though.  I don't believe him
View Quote

Some people donate to both sides to hedge their bets. If he did that - say 40 years ago - I’d overlook it.

Donating to Harold Ford? Nah. I can’t overlook that. You fund that sort of ideologue, I don’t trust you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]
So,

Harwell, Ogles, or Starbuck????
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So,

Harwell, Ogles, or Starbuck????
View Quote

Ogles is the real deal.

Truth be told, I think Starbucks is, too. I may even like him more. Ogles will win, Ogles has my support, but I hate how they threw Starbucks under the bus, but they did it to get rid of that other chick (don't remember her name, and that's the way it should be).

Ogles and Starbuck should not be enemies. The people who support either of them shouldn't be enemies. Politics is dirty, and nobody ever got elected who wasn't willing to sacrifice a weaker rival. That's ugly, but it's true.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ogles is the real deal.

Truth be told, I think Starbucks is, too. I may even like him more. Ogles will win, Ogles has my support, but I hate how they threw Starbucks under the bus, but they did it to get rid of that other chick (don't remember her name, and that's the way it should be).

Ogles and Starbuck should not be enemies. The people who support either of them shouldn't be enemies. Politics is dirty, and nobody ever got elected who wasn't willing to sacrifice a weaker rival. That's ugly, but it's true.

View Quote

I read on the internet that Ogles will pull enough vote from Harwell and Winstead walks away with the prize.

Starbuck is running a write-in campaign. Maybe he will split the vote up enough for a run-off.

Too bad Ogles and Starbuck can't/won't join forces, deliver a one-two punch so to speak.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I read on the internet that Ogles will pull enough vote from Harwell and Winstead walks away with the prize.

Starbuck is running a write-in campaign. Maybe he will split the vote up enough for a run-off.

Too bad Ogles and Starbuck can't/won't join forces, deliver a one-two punch so to speak.
View Quote

I think Ogles wins on his own. I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Winstead is a D-bag.  His opponents, d-bags.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Winstead is a D-bag.  His opponents, d-bags.
View Quote
Hey Mike I thought you fell off the Earth!
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey Mike I thought you fell off the Earth!
View Quote

Not yet.  Been busy developing a new screen door for submarines, hammers for NASA, etc etc
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Ogles won!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ogles won!
View Quote

BIGLY!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
This is a win for us.

I’ll miss having him as my mayor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top