Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2020 11:55:26 AM EDT
I've posted in the past regarding NFA laws, and have had those questions answered. I'm here for a few years for school, but am maintaining my texas residency while I am here. But, I'm 99% sure that my normal EDC knife is illegal here, an auto-Benchmade. And, from what I've read, the knife laws are off and questionable at best. And, weapon storage seems to be unregulated unless children are present (which none are)
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've posted in the past regarding NFA laws, and have had those questions answered. I'm here for a few years for school, but am maintaining my texas residency while I am here. But, I'm 99% sure that my normal EDC knife is illegal here, an auto-Benchmade. And, from what I've read, the knife laws are off and questionable at best. And, weapon storage seems to be unregulated unless children are present (which none are)
View Quote
Auto knives are permitted if you have a valid FOID so that leaves you out afaik even though you could get a Texas resident CCL.  Also, there is no preemption with that so local municipalities can still have their own local knife laws.

...(2) The provision of paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of this Section prohibiting the sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, does not apply to a person who possesses a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police or to a person or an entity engaged in the business of selling or manufacturing switchblade knives....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Spring assist does not require a FOID. So you may look into one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top