Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 6:55:45 PM EDT

Del. Kirk Cox, R-Colonial Heights, said those “people aren’t protestors, they’re provocateurs.”

Despite fears of violence, protests in Richmond remain peaceful
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking at Kirk Cox's voting record he was 100% pro-gun in 2013 & 2014

2015 his record drops to 91% pro-gun

2016 95%

2017 back to 100%

2018 then new low of 88%

2019 88%

2020 back to 100%

General Assembly Voting Records
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Kirk Cox appears to be following Karl Rove's advice:

Karl Rove Calls on the GOP to Denounce QAnon, Proud Boys and Militias
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Not defending Kirk Cox in the least here but those guys with the fruitcake flag and other strange looking flags are something to watch.
I've seen them and heard them and it's clear to me that they are not coming from the same motives as the other armed people that were there.
Nothing about them convinces me they exist to defend Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quick question... did you guys read the news article? Maybe I missed something but this is where Kirk referred to the protestors as provocateurs...

Mike Dunn, of the Boogaloo Boys, said he was proudly breaking the law by openly carrying his gun. Donning military fatigues, a helmet and goggles, Dunn, 20, said he would “defend himself” if police tried to arrest him.

“They can try,” he said to a gaggle of reporters. “We established a precedent already where they didn’t. So they’re going to have a hard time serving us now.”

The Boogaloo Boys, an extremist group whose members have become known for wearing Hawaiian shirts to events, believe a second American civil war is coming, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Later, Dunn shouted through a megaphone for several minutes about a “revolt” and people’s rights being violated. He also tossed two posted signs restricting guns in the area over a barricade. It was not clear who had torn them down.

In a tweet, Del. Kirk Cox, R-Colonial Heights, said those “people aren’t protestors, they’re provocateurs.”
View Quote

Perhaps someone could correct me, but Kirk is 100% right here. These people didn't represent what Lobby Day was about.... following the law and not trying to break it and telling our reps that we don't want more gun control as they won't do anything to deter criminals from behaving like criminals.

I'll give you this... this article sounds very anti-gun. Personally I wouldn't go to Virginia Pilot and make any sort of quote as it'll no doubt be taken out of context. Perhaps that was the case here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Also as a side note, I hope you guys got a slice of pizza...

From a nearby pizza shop, owner Jo-Jo Armetta lamented this year’s small Lobby Day crowd, blaming the coronavirus pandemic and “what happened at the (U.S.) Capitol.” Last year, by contrast, business was “off the charts.”

He said many gun-toting protesters weren’t coming into his namesake restaurant as they did last year, and he wondered if signs banning guns around the capitol were dissuading them from doing so.

“I need business,” Armetta said. “I look forward to this all year.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not defending Kirk Cox in the least here but those guys with the fruitcake flag and other strange looking flags are something to watch.
I've seen them and heard them and it's clear to me that they are not coming from the same motives as the other armed people that were there.
Nothing about them convinces me they exist to defend Constitutional rights.
View Quote

Those guys with the “fruitcake flag” and the others want the same as most of us...........

To be left the F alone and let us do what we want.

Just because you don’t agree 100% on every single subject as someone else doesn’t mean we can’t stand together on the issue of gun rights and self defense. Quit being divisive, those comments don’t help our cause.

As far as my opinion on Dunn goes, *I* personally would not make myself as much of a spectacle as he does, but we need that. We need someone stirring up crap like he does.
He beat an open carry charge in Newport News, and would have beat the charge in Richmond too. He is showing how these charges are unenforceable and unconstitutional BS.

My thoughts on Kirk Cox, his tweet was his true thoughts and it got exposed before his advisors (the RPV) could reel it in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
He’s not going to win the governors election anyway. McAullifie is.

We need to focus on the general assembly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Kirk Cox is following the Karl Rove playbook.

Karl Rove Calls on the GOP to Denounce QAnon, Proud Boys and Militias
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck him.

I will likely abstain rather than vote for that shithead
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From a nearby pizza shop, owner Jo-Jo Armetta lamented this year’s small Lobby Day crowd, blaming the coronavirus pandemic and “what happened at the (U.S.) Capitol.” Last year, by contrast, business was “off the charts.”

He said many gun-toting protesters weren’t coming into his namesake restaurant as they did last year, and he wondered if signs banning guns around the capitol were dissuading them from doing so.

“I need business,” Armetta said. “I look forward to this all year.”

I did and he said the same thing to me on the 20th. He had nothing but good things to say about the pro-2A people. The ones who graffitied his building and trashed downtown Richmond during the BLM "protests"...not so much. 2020 Lobby Day was the most business he's ever done in a single day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top