Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 10:07:53 AM EDT
How is it that no one ever asks these questions of me, nor from anyone I know? This reeks of bovine excrement:

This was the lead story at 6am https://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=9fbd9613-253a-48ba-9e60-e0c268168610 and https://www.king5.com/article/news/politics/washington-assault-weapon-survey/281-b3c342b4-4311-4523-9af3-1f89ddd0cec6
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that and the numbers they were saying did not match what they put up on the screen either!
They sure interviewed a lot of people! probably .001% of our state population "SurveyUSA interviewed 825 Washington State adults online 07/06/22 through 07/10/22"
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The WA Poll was commissioned by KING 5, The Seattle Times, University of Washington’s Center for an Informed Public and Washington State University’s Murrow College of Communication and was conducted by SurveyUSA. It surveyed 825 adults from July 6-10, 2022. Of those adults, 731 were registered voters. The poll represented the demographics of Washington state with 47% from the metro Seattle area, 32% from western Washington and 21% from eastern Washington.

47% from the metro Seattle area.

Well there you go! The cancer of freedom in WA. State
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The WA Poll was commissioned by KING 5, The Seattle Times, University of Washington’s Center for an Informed Public and Washington State University’s Murrow College of Communication and was conducted by SurveyUSA. It surveyed 825 adults from July 6-10, 2022. Of those adults, 731 were registered voters. The poll represented the demographics of Washington state with 47% from the metro Seattle area, 32% from western Washington and 21% from eastern Washington.

View Quote

A poll conducted of registered democrats in the Seattle area...  Yeah.  It is hard to trust any poll these days just like most news sources.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember the polls from the mag ban? 92% against, and they still trumpeted that "more than half of gun owners want this." What a bunch of whores. I am so glad I got out of journalism when I did.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

~7-7.5M state residents, Seattle has ~10% of state population, 25% in King Co. The sample size is highly inadequate, & the sampling distribution is also highly skewed. Seems about par with contemporary public polling practices. Spin, spin, spin...

Oh, & if anyone still isn't sure, "weapons of war" are what the framers intended for We the People to be armed with to be able to check government.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

~7-7.5M state residents, Seattle has ~10% of state population, 25% in King Co. The sample size is highly inadequate, & the distribution is also highly skewed. Seems about par with contemporary public polling practices. Spin, spin, spin...

Oh, & if anyone still isn't sure, "weapons of war" are what the framers intended for We the People to be armed with to be able to check government.
View Quote

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

To corroborate, here's a news story that the ST would NEVER EVER run: https://www.cleveland.com/outdoors/2013/08/civilian_marksmanship_program.html

Civilian Marksmanship Program created 110 years ago to make Americans straight shooters
By D'Arcy Egan, special to The Plain DealerOAK HARBOR, Ohio - The Civilian Marksmanship Program and the National Rifle & Pistol Matches were created in 1903 by President Theodore Roosevelt, who felt too many Americans were mediocre marksmen.

A rifleman and hunter, Roosevelt ordered the Army to work with gun clubs and other civilian groups to improve the country's national defense by teaching marksmanship . . . "

And that is when you could buy a REAL weapon of war, and have it mailed directly to your house (  oh wait, you still can do that per federal law, if it is also allowed by your state law).

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
We are one of the very few states that will not allow CMP to deliver to your home.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We are one of the very few states that will not allow CMP to deliver to your home.
View Quote

I know that changed, but when? I have had 3 CMP rifles delivered to my home a few years past. But my CMP 1911 had to to through my FFL.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know that changed, but when? I have had 3 CMP rifles delivered to my home a few years past. But my CMP 1911 had to to through my FFL.
View Quote

Must've been prior to I-594 going into effect, although 1639 also added the delay and training requirement for any semiauto rifle.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the 1911's had special rules from the CMP also, I believe they mandated they go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

~7-7.5M state residents, Seattle has ~10% of state population, 25% in King Co. The sample size is highly inadequate, & the sampling distribution is also highly skewed. Seems about par with contemporary public polling practices. Spin, spin, spin...

View Quote

Well written, thanks. I’m going to remember your quote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top