Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2021 9:22:11 PM EDT
I accepted a position at Limerick generating station and am moving to KoP early August. What's the lay of the land? Any good gun shops and ranges?

Areas to avoid?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
King Shooters Supply is right there.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
King Shooters Supply is right there.
View Quote

Nice! That looks great.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you moving from?  I live about 10 minutes from KoP and have friends who work at Limerick.

Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club is very close and the nicest range in the area.  They have a waiting list for new members and are busting at the seams lately but I'd be happy to have you as a guest.  

Depending on what you're looking for, there is tons and tons of stuff within a relatively easy drive.

Feel free to PM me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where are you moving from?  I live about 10 minutes from KoP and have friends who work at Limerick.

Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club is very close and the nicest range in the area.  They have a waiting list for new members and are busting at the seams lately but I'd be happy to have you as a guest.  

Depending on what you're looking for, there is tons and tons of stuff within a relatively easy drive.

Feel free to PM me.
View Quote

Thank you! I may take you up on that when I get settled in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in King of Prussia, Town Center to be specific. It is a great area. Kings shooter supply is light on inventory and their indoor range is, well... indoor.

Guardian Training center is a 25 minute drive and an entirely better shooting facility. I am a member at Atglen Sportsmens Club, about 40 minutes west from KOP and worth every minute of the drive. Multiple ranges including a 500 Meter rifle range. Plus, I am the match director for their 2 Gun Action Match held once a month. Come out to the August match, it is open to the public. Here is a link for more info...

https://atglensportsmensclub.org/2-Gun-Challenge

There is also a match announcement I just posted under the competitive shooting group here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Correction...the best range in the area is NHRPC.  Its a nice drive to New Holland and well worth it.  Lower Providence is more than busting at the seams...have to many rules and regulations to follow.

King Shooters is the only real gun store in the area, unless you want to travel to Targetmaster in Chadds Ford.

I am in Wayne...minutes from K of P.

Try PAFOA...but I think you know of it already.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks gents!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I live in King of Prussia, Town Center to be specific. It is a great area. Kings shooter supply is light on inventory and their indoor range is, well... indoor.

Guardian Training center is a 25 minute drive and an entirely better shooting facility. I am a member at Atglen Sportsmens Club, about 40 minutes west from KOP and worth every minute of the drive. Multiple ranges including a 500 Meter rifle range. Plus, I am the match director for their 2 Gun Action Match held once a month. Come out to the August match, it is open to the public. Here is a link for more info...

https://atglensportsmensclub.org/2-Gun-Challenge

There is also a match announcement I just posted under the competitive shooting group here on Arfcom.
View Quote

I'm renting in the Skye 750 building for now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the area.  A lot has been covered already so I'll add a gunsmith recommendation for CDI Customs in Chalfont.  It's a bit of a drive for you but Sean (the owner) does a great job and he's also a member on ARF.   He's personally worked on my guns and he turns out top notch work (can't say the same about some local gunsmiths, sadly).  

For gunshows check out the Eagle Arms gunshows at the convention center in Oaks, PA.  It's going to be on your way to/from work.  Now that the old Valley Forge shows are gone, it's the best show in eastern Pennsylvania (in my opinion).  

PS I have attended one of Steve's matches at Atglen and highly recommend it for a good experience (especially in terms of a practical cardio workout).  If you volunteer as an RO you better be ready to run (which I found out much to my dismay ).
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: 

PS I have attended one of Steve's matches at Atglen and highly recommend it for a good experience (especially in terms of a practical cardio workout).  If you volunteer as an RO you better be ready to run (which I found out much to my dismay ).
View Quote

I'll also add the silhouette matches at atglen are very fun and relaxed and open to the public. They are doing hi-power, lever gun, big pistols, and I think one more on various Saturdays, check the calendar.

It's usually only a 40rd match which is convenient in these times.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Kings is good people.

Areas to stay away from? Not so much. KOP is still fairly suburban though there is a lot of mall traffic and you get all types there. Even the bad folks aren't that bad though my experience is say 20 years old.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I accepted a position at Limerick generating station and am moving to KoP early August. What's the lay of the land? Any good gun shops and ranges?

Areas to avoid?

Thanks
View Quote

Nothing much.  I live nearby, and our office is in KoP....if we're ever allowed to go in.

It's a nice part of PA, unless you don't want a neighbor within several miles.  Valley Forge National Park is right there if you like green space, hiking, or history.  

In KoP you can get any kind of food your heart may desire, likely from at least three different venues.  As noted, King's is a nice shop and they did an excellent job building their indoor range.  Not cheap, but they need to recoup the investment.

I also like Founding Father's Outfitters which is technically just inside Philadelphia; it's very small, but it's close to me.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s all relative but I don’t really consider New Holland and Atglen ‘in the area’ of KoP.  Atglen is at least 45 minutes away and New Holland over an hour *assuming* no traffic. I wouldn’t want to make either drive during the work week. Both nice clubs though but there are probably more than 25 places to shoot if we want to draw a 1hr circle around KoP.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm renting in the Skye 750 building for now.
View Quote

Are you waiting until the housing market corrects or do you plan on just renting?
Housing is cheaper North and West of Limerick than KoP area. More rural too. Berks County has University and Topton gun clubs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you waiting until the housing market corrects or do you plan on just renting?
Housing is cheaper North and West of Limerick than KoP area. More rural too. Berks County has University and Topton gun clubs.
View Quote

Waiting. The market and I are on different planets.

Definitely won't be buying where I'm renting. More where you mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully prices will get back to realistic soon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll second that recommendation for looking NW of Limerick.  Traffic on 422 can get thick, but usually its only on the KOP side of Limerick. West of Limerick is usually pretty clear and thats the fastest corridor to more rural areas away from Limerick and the KOP population center. It is possible to be within a commutable range (45min to 1hr) of Limerick and get a place with good topography, and enough land and privacy to shoot on. My office is walking distance to the Skye and I was able to eek out both a handgun range (20-30 yards) and a short, single lane rifle range (100 yards) right on my property. If thats the kind of thing you're looking for, it can be found, but I'd be prepared to swallow hard and jump when the opportunity arises, rather then trying to time the market. Those opportunities are there but are getting harder to find.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Tanners isnt too far from you. they are in jameson i think is the town.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#19]
^^ Tanner's is a great store.  Fair pricing and good service.  Also, best consignment place I've found (as a seller) in the area.  Their consignment rate on ammo is a bit high (25%) but for regular guns it's only 15% (most places are 20%+).  To be clear they don't always take ammo on consignment.  I don't blame them, unless you are talking sealed factory boxes you never know if someone subbed out  cheap reloads for factory stuff.

I also like Surplus City in Feasterville for used and police trade-in guns.  Very friendly folks and they also are a regular attendee of the Oaks gunshows.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I've driven from Pittsburgh just to go to Tanners before. One of the best places in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top