Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2020 1:53:05 PM EDT
Built a new work bench, reloaded some rounds, working on building my son his first AR, and building a 20" AR for myself.

What are you doing to pass time?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Built a new work bench, reloaded some rounds, working on building my son his first AR, and building a 20" AR for myself.

View Quote

Working
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I was. Sadly I am employed in Vermont and have to wait longer now. Lots of projects to do but keeping money tight not knowing what is on the other side.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I was. Sadly I am employed in Vermont and have to wait longer now. Lots of projects to do but keeping money tight not knowing what is on the other side.
View Quote

Yeah.  My wife is out of work, too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like you've doubled your post count during the lockdown

I'm still working but it's kind of nice having zero social engagements, at least from the standpoint of it giving me more time to finish projects around the house. My wife is due in about a month so we're trying to get everything done before the baby comes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Looks like you've doubled your post count during the lockdown

I'm still working but it's kind of nice having zero social engagements, at least from the standpoint of it giving me more time to finish projects around the house. My wife is due in about a month so we're trying to get everything done before the baby comes.
View Quote

Congrats on the new addition. Yeah for some odd reason the post counter must really hate me. As soon as I get my builds finished I am going to work on getting out to the family farm so I can function check and sight them in. I am starting to go stir crazy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Still working here. But it’s been nice having my wife and son home. We’ve done some activities together...started a garden in the basement that’s growing well. My aquarium is the cleanest it’s ever been and my fish are super happy. I’ve also picked up some reloading tools and have been picking away at that a few hours a day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Happy fish is a good thing. I just sorted a bunch of 9mm by headstand that I have been cleaning between things. Waiting on a few parts for the builds that should be here tomorrow or Tuesday so hopefully get to do some shooting Wednesday or Thursday.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Working like crazy. This is the 2nd weekend in a month where I have not had scheduled meetings or deliverables on a weekend in a month. I have been 12 hours a day 7 days a week pretty much since 15 March. My company is working on a Covid treatment and I am point man on it for my department. It’s been a lot different for me than some other folks, but wild horses couldn’t drag me away. I have high hopes we are successful and we get an approval that paves the way for us to put this bullshit in our rearview....
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Working like crazy. This is the 2nd weekend in a month where I have not had scheduled meetings or deliverables on a weekend in a month. I have been 12 hours a day 7 days a week pretty much since 15 March. My company is working on a Covid treatment and I am point man on it for my department. It’s been a lot different for me than some other folks, but wild horses couldn’t drag me away. I have high hopes we are successful and we get an approval that paves the way for us to put this bullshit in our rearview....
View Quote

That is amazing. Little ol' NH has a lot of talented people. Your dedication and work are appreciated. I cannot wait to get back to work. I am enjoying the time with the children but I know I can only do this for so long.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Still working and running ambulance calls when needed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got the word that I can actually start working again remotely. I am in sales so it has been a rough few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I do cnc machining and work for a company thats tied closely to the medical , and DOD industry, so were slammed with work. I feel bad for you guys out of work. Dont think i could survive being blindsided anf out of work for 1+ month. in my self quarantined spare time im reloading, and learning my new 3D printer  making mask "comfort bands" to donate to my local hospitals

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]
That is awesome. I got a lot of little projects done and built the 2 ARs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Self employed/business owner software engineer here, and have always worked out of a home office. Not much has changed as far as that goes. I have been working on the veggie gardens. Planted cold hardy stuff last weekend, digging out the witch grass, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish I had free time. I am deemed essential, and started working full time from home a week or so before stay at home orders.
I'm always mildly envious of seeing people utilize this new found free time.

Not complaining though. Still gainfully employed , etc.

Stay healthy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CJammer:
I wish I had free time. I am deemed essential, and started working full time from home a week or so before stay at home orders.
I'm always mildly envious of seeing people utilize this new found free time. 

Not complaining though. Still gainfully employed , etc.

Stay healthy.
View Quote

Good news for me.... I got to work from home last week and now this week they made it so I am working 2 days a week. We are slowly opening back up and it is great to be able to get back to business.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope things continue to progress in a positive direction.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Working from home but some spare time I took some work bench kits over to the new house that is days from being ready to move into and I set up those workbenches there in the basement.  Pretty happy with how they came out. Kits are from a place called 2x4 basics.

decent rugged work benches
I want to write to them and say add 2 clamps to your list of tools needed as holding the leg the 2x4 and the screw and screw gun requires 4 pair of hands seconds one I used a couple clamps and wooo did it go way smoother and about 1/2 the time

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Working from home but some spare time I took some work bench kits over to the new house that is days from being ready to move into and I set up those workbenches there in the basement.  Pretty happy with how they came out. Kits are from a place called 2x4 basics.

decent rugged work benches
I want to write to them and say add 2 clamps to your list of tools needed as holding the leg the 2x4 and the screw and screw gun requires 4 pair of hands seconds one I used a couple clamps and wooo did it go way smoother and about 1/2 the time

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/391290/20200506_220701-1405446.jpg
View Quote
Good looking benches.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been playing around with a CNC router.  I took it apart to clean and lube everything but now the spindle won't go faster than 3k RPM when it should go up to 24k.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Archangel1972:
Working from home but some spare time I took some work bench kits over to the new house that is days from being ready to move into and I set up those workbenches there in the basement.  Pretty happy with how they came out. Kits are from a place called 2x4 basics.

decent rugged work benches 
I want to write to them and say add 2 clamps to your list of tools needed as holding the leg the 2x4 and the screw and screw gun requires 4 pair of hands seconds one I used a couple clamps and wooo did it go way smoother and about 1/2 the time

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/391290/20200506_220701-1405446.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking benches.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RaptorFuel:
I've been playing around with a CNC router.  I took it apart to clean and lube everything but now the spindle won't go faster than 3k RPM when it should go up to 24k.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/167432/1BDD0EB7-551E-416B-A181-F7806DCE98DC_jpe-1406411.JPG
View Quote

Spindles are never fun to work with. I used to work for a stone fabricator and we had to have a spindle rebuilt.... Not a good time and not cheap on that equipment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top