Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 10:20:32 PM EDT
I moved to NY state in last July/19 and was considering applying for my hand gun permit, but the form  seems very intrusive and a perfect scenario for  red flags. So I am considering this gun/ carbine for home protection, I already bought an AR15 in 5.56 NY Safety act compliance but I live in small quarters, and even at 16" is still too big and heavy.   Is the Kel Tech Sub 2000 in 9 mm legal in NY ?

Gun Broker
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I moved to NY state in last July/19 and was considering applying for my hand gun permit, but the form  seems very intrusive and a perfect scenario for  red flags. So I am considering this gun/ carbine for home protection, I already bought an AR15 in 5.56 NY Safety act compliance but I live in small quarters, and even at 16" is still too big and heavy.   Is the Kel Tech Sub 2000 in 9 mm legal in NY ?

Gun Broker
View Quote
Semi auto with a pistol grip and detachable magazine is not NY SAFE compliant.  Sorry.

A Ruger PC 9 (no pistol grip or threaded barrel) is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semi auto with a pistol grip and detachable magazine is not NY SAFE compliant.  Sorry.

A Ruger PC 9 (no pistol grip or threaded barrel) is.
View Quote
Figures,,,

I have a pump action shotgun,  Winchester Defender 7+1   I assume that will be ok to  bring into NY.

Thanks for replying
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a pump action shotgun,  Winchester Defender 7+1   I assume that will be ok to  bring into NY.

Thanks for replying
View Quote
Yes, and the PC9 Hanz talked about is a very sweet gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top