Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2021 11:15:12 AM EDT
I’m letting everyone know about this because this is NOT about campgrounds. This is about a mechanism your county board could be influenced to implement to restrict any, or all, types of developments you as a land owner may want to pursue.

It started here in Burnett County this spring & is spiraling out of control & we are behind the curve & running out of time to stop it

What I’m talking about is a group of landowners comprised of nearly 90% MN lake home owners are strong arming our county board. It started after a few property owners wanted to develop their land for campgrounds. This group of people, headed by a lawyer from IA, started making a big stink at board meetings. They tossed out all kinds of accusations & started threatening law suits.

All of this resulted in the county passing a moratorium in April on new CUP’s for campgrounds. It was done to “Give the Land Use board time to review some, if any, changes needed to be made to the zoning laws.” & were supposed to get input from both sides, including existing campground owners. That never happened.

What did happen is this group was basically allowed to run amuck with what they wanted. The Land Use board released the new zoning changes on 10/3 with a public hearing on 10/5. I & a few campground owners were on hand to oppose the new zoning changes. It was approved with 2 board members voting no.

It goes before the whole board on10/21.

The changes are disastrous for land owners.

What they are basically doing is saying all campgrounds of more than 25 sites can only be in a particular zone. Problem is that zone DOES NOT EXIST! Not one acre.

Worse yet is every existing campground will become a “Non-Conforming Entity” over night because not a single campground is going to be made that zone that is required. Therefore they will not be able to do anything to their property which would require a CUP including any expansion or building even a simple shed.

If they want to become “Conforming” they would have to apply for a zoning change. This requires a fair amount of time & money as well as seeking approval from the Village or Township.

It was made abundantly clear at the land use meeting what this was really about & that is WI 2017 Act 67, or WI Land Owner’s Bill of Rights actual Text Here.

This was sponsored buy our district’s then own Assemblyman Adam Jarcow & then State Sen. Tom Tiffany & was signed into law by Gov. Walker.

I and campground owners are preparing for the 10/21 board meeting & possible subsequent legal actions.

If you hear the term “Moratorium” thrown around, perk your ears & get involved.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Ours are too busy banning cbd oil to deal with campgrounds.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ours are too busy banning cbd oil to deal with campgrounds.
View Quote

The crux is that it isn’t really about campgrounds. It’s about property owners’ rights.

Tomorrow is the meeting. It is a limited number of speakers allowed & the wife & I have time.

It’s going to be a rather contentious meeting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top