Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2020 4:52:18 PM EDT
I'm surprised and disappointed that our state is mysteriously absent from the Texas suit.  Only like 4 states haven't taken a side in this argument and I hate seeing us being one of them.  Anyone know what gives?  I haven't seen any statements about KY's (lack of) participation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree - very disappointing. I asked a couple of different times in the big GD threads. No one knows - from what I understand there has been zero comment ...... negative, positive or neutral which makes KY the only state.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of comments on Daniel Cameron's facebook, but no statements.  I don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, really disappointed that our “overwhelming Republican majority” has so far not amounted to shit.

The Texas GOP already put out a letter hinting at secession. What can we do to get our state on board? Now’s the time for the leaders that are supposed to be on our side to start standing up for something.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, really disappointed that our “overwhelming Republican majority” has so far not amounted to shit.

The Texas GOP already put out a letter hinting at secession. What can we do to get our state on board? Now’s the time for the leaders that are supposed to be on our side to start standing up for something.
View Quote

What can we do? We can wait until they take office on Jan. 5th. They haven't even been sworn in yet.
Other states have full-time legislatures that can act all year long, we don't. They have no more power to act right now than you and I have.

If you are expecting a vote on secession, I believe you will be very disappointed. Ky. wouldn't even secede in 1861, during the Civil War.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have no more power to act right now than you and I have.

View Quote

I saw thousands of people speaking up on Daniel Cameron's Facebook Page.   So they didn't even use the power regular citizens have.  Pretty much all Republicans everywhere, except Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, and a few state level legislators in other states...they all stayed silent just like almost all of them did this spring as dictator Andy stomped on our rights.  

They can still lead and set an example on ways to focus our energy, even if they aren't in session.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top