Will look for the other 49 tomorrow.

We need some more rain.

Ya'll leave your doors open too, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeppers, waitin on this here hurricane to blow us a cool breeze
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Havent seen a rattle snake in my area.  Everyone says they are in the area and I'm surprised I havent with as much property as we have.

On another note....it was really cool this morning.  Woke up, make coffee and walked outside to take a look at everything and was waiting for the heat to blast me and was "woah....something isnt right".
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Havent seen a rattle snake in my area.  Everyone says they are in the area and I'm surprised I havent with as much property as we have.

On another note....it was really cool this morning.  Woke up, make coffee and walked outside to take a look at everything and was waiting for the heat to blast me and was "woah....something isnt right".
View Quote
Nice to hear from you. Took a look around today and no lil snakies anywhere.

Weather is just a touch different then it was. Got some tree trimming that needs a little cooler.

How was Crystal River?

We go up there often and I wanted to make post about where to go but realized you didn't have that much time.

Did you stay at the best western?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
We actually skipped crystal river and went to ginnie springs.  It was a shit show with the amount of people there but we still had fun.

We are hitting disney tomorrow and will probably be going to Cedar key next as soon as my work schedule stops being retarded.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen a few in mu neighborhood. Also some Cotton Mouths. Saw a big SOB crossing the street. We also had a bear wander the neighborhood a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
My brother killed a 5 foot plus eastern diamondback in his back yard 2 weeks ago. Big pregnant female. He said his little Dachshund was going ballistic and trying to murder it.

He's lived there at least 12 years and never seen a rattler anywhere in the neighborhood before then.

I think it's because of the very wet conditions we've had.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't seen any rattlers or other hot snakes, but I have had a bunch of black snakes and indigos in my yard. One particular indigo likes to hang out of my oak tree and scare the shit outta me as I mow my yard... rotten bastard.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen one that was in my area. I was leaving my apartment complex at the time and a driver in front of me, was stopped dead at the entrance to the complex. He eventually drove on and then I saw it on the side of the drainage area. It had to be about 6-7 feet long. It was a big one. I half way thought about running it over as their are a lot of people that walk in the area,especially little kids but it was too far down the drainage area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Seen a picture of a 3ft Rattler that was supposedly coming ashore on a beach near Pensecola, being as though My Wife and I will be in SW Florida next month I had a bit of fun with the picture telling her look whats in the surf on Florida beaches now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top