Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
You guys have some good food and beer! The Wylder has some phenomenal pizza. Light crust and delicious. We hit three different breweries and all were good, not GREAT, but solid. Payette could use some food and better service, but their sofa king sunny was tastey.

We only saw two legit homeless people with a yard sale of shit on the sidewalk. The next day it appeared to be cleaned up. This is the cleanest "city" I've seen in a long time. My question is: How long will it last? Is there a strong enough will to keep the riffraff at bay?  Are drug crimes prosecuted here?

Downtown seemed quiet compared to other cities in the NW, and it reminded me a bit of Portland in the 80's before the shit explosion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good visit.

The mayor is a whacked out lefty and the police chief is a new import from Portland so Boise is well on it's way to mirror Portland 2020.

My 2 cents
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked regularly in Boise for 20 years.
Had not been there in a decade. The growth of communism
there was shocking when we visited again last year.

BSU has become a malignant cancer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoops, moved, wrong thread
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a good visit.

The mayor is a whacked out lefty and the police chief is a new import from Portland so Boise is well on it's way to mirror Portland 2020.

My 2 cents
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Boise is a shithole and run by slack jawed faggots.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
First few posts are greatly exaggerating downtown Boise. I’ve lived here for 22 years and have worked downtown for the past 5. It’s not even close to Portland nor is it headed that way despite having a dipshit mayor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The city is nice by city standards. The mayor is a clown but hopefully the new voting/districting system will fix that. I don't live in the city so I'm not sure of the details beyond that the state gov passed some law that was supposed to loosen the stranglehold that the rich/imports in the North End have on city politics.

Drug crimes are actually prosecuted here and homeless camping isn't tolerated. For all the issues with drug enforcement in general, in Idaho it is keeping a ton of Lefties away. I know at least one hardcore Lefty who would have moved here if not for the pot laws, so they are definitely worth keeping.

I really wish the idiots would stop giving money to the "homeless" (who usually aren't). They set up outside the Costco in Boise and at major highway intersections and people give them money constantly, encouraging more to get in on the game.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The city is nice by city standards. The mayor is a clown but hopefully the new voting/districting system will fix that. I don't live in the city so I'm not sure of the details beyond that the state gov passed some law that was supposed to loosen the stranglehold that the rich/imports in the North End have on city politics.

Drug crimes are actually prosecuted here and homeless camping isn't tolerated. For all the issues with drug enforcement in general, in Idaho it is keeping a ton of Lefties away. I know at least one hardcore Lefty who would have moved here if not for the pot laws, so they are definitely worth keeping.

I really wish the idiots would stop giving money to the "homeless" (who usually aren't). They set up outside the Costco in Boise and at major highway intersections and people give them money constantly, encouraging more to get in on the game.
View Quote

That one older lady has been at the Costco for at least two years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top