Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2022 12:04:32 PM EDT
PSA will not release a firearm unless they receive a “go ahead” from background check. I’m on day 30 of waiting and will have to restart the approval process, so I decided I’m going to have them transferred to a family owned place that will release them on day 3 to avoid that happening again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
PSA will not release a firearm unless they receive a “go ahead” from background check. I’m on day 30 of waiting and will have to restart the approval process, so I decided I’m going to have them transferred to a family owned place that will release them on day 3 to avoid that happening again.
View Quote

Do they understand that is illegal....
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They are now saying that company policy prohibits me having any option, but submitting another background. I’m currently waiting on a manager to come to counter.
This is the store in Summerville
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The manager in store was able to help me out and make the necessary calls to solve the problem. Everyone in store was cool and considerate of my issue and I will continue to shop there. I just won’t send them any more transfers.
Also, they are no longer doing ANY store to store transfers. So if you buy a firearm from them, you will be subject to same company policy. So keep that in mind.
Again, I’m very happy with the help I received in store and I’m not slamming the employees for doing their job, I just disagree with the policy.
I just wanted to make people aware of this because I was not. PSA is also covering shipping cost of sending items to the next store. So while their policy may suck, they’ve got some good people there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

so let me understand this right...you are delayed...so you are gonna have another go get the firearm who presumably ISNT delayed or prohibited...and then they will give it to you?
thats the absolute definition of a straw purchase.....and you posted it on a forum that is 100% monitored by the police, atf and every other LE agancy on the planet?> asking advice?

hello fellow firearms enthusiast !!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

so let me understand this right...you are delayed...so you are gonna have another go get the firearm who presumably ISNT delayed or prohibited...and then they will give it to you?
thats the absolute definition of a straw purchase.....and you posted it on a forum that is 100% monitored by the police, atf and every other LE agancy on the planet?> asking advice?

hello fellow firearms enthusiast !!!
View Quote

I took it that he was thinking of getting it sent to a family member owned FFL, then transferred to him. If so, that is not a straw purchase.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
“Family owned gun shop”
Not my family lol
I’m not doing anything illegal, even tho all gun laws are infringements??
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
So I take it you dont have a cwp to avoid all that?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone at PSA told me that they still require the fed check, even if you have a cwp.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Someone at PSA told me that they still require the fed check, even if you have a cwp.
View Quote

this happened to me at the Greenville store, I have my CWP and even after filling out the 4473 on their notepad thing... I asked what was taking so long and the guy behind the counter said they were running my background check through NICS ???  I said but I have a SC CWP , usually fill out paper work they take a copy of license and CWP and I am on my way... he said nope, store policy... that was last year and the last firearm I bought there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]
My experience was also at the Greenville store. Dunno if it's just that store or the wholechain.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Mt pleasnt store i never had an issue. Cwp was good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I like PSA, but it sounds like they are going the Cabelas / Adventure Outdoors model of:

Cover
Your
Ass

Once your company gets national attention, the Moms Demanding Hard Cock and the Bloomberg Brigade come after you to find the smallest error to destroy you with.

Sad but true.

and if my CWP isn't good enough, then I won't buy firearms from them any more. I am just stating my choice and not advocating what others should do.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I don’t recall PSA doing a background check for me at the Summerville store.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#15]
PSA runs NICS on me every time regardless of my CWP. Same story, “Company policy”. Summerville store.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
ive never had an issue with psa taking my cwp for background.  at any of their stores. granted i usually only shop columbia, but i have been known to pick up stuff at summerville and some of the other ones when i was in town
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Very interesting…. I have to see the nc store and see they do a background check.. even wallmart here takes your cww instead of background…
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not true.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not true.
View Quote

well, I know first hand  and apparently a few others do to that it is true, or maybe we can agree...at least partially true.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

well, I know first hand  and apparently a few others do to that it is true, or maybe we can agree...at least partially true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

I will agree it is store dependent. As with multiple purchases my cwp was used each time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
If you are SC resident and have a valid CWP with a current address that matches your drivers license, no PSA is supposed to be doing a NICS check on top of that. The only exception to this is if your CWP address does not match your drivers license. If anyone has had a store do a NICS check while being a SC resident with a valid CWP with an address that matches your drivers license contact me [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you are SC resident and have a valid CWP with a current address that matches your drivers license, no PSA is supposed to be doing a NICS check on top of that. The only exception to this is if your CWP address does not match your drivers license. If anyone has had a store do a NICS check while being a SC resident with a valid CWP with an address that matches your drivers license contact me [email protected]
View Quote

Ridgeland does not do a NICS check when you have a CWP
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#23]
It's my understanding that if you change addresses that you have a very short time period to report this to SLED regulatory. I believe it's within 10 days. And of course your DL also needs to reflect your current address.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a lower at the columbia store. in and out in 15 minutes with SC CWP. ive never been held up or NCIC with my CWP at the columbia store
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top