Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2020 5:30:21 AM EDT
New legislative session begins in January. Get everything you want before then.....AND get active somehow. Even if its just participating in pro RKBA forums outside here.

With dimslee and turd fergusons re-election, plus dim majority in both houses, you can bet your ass theres going to be mag bans and salt wepunz bills thrown at the dart board.

Take a look at the Washington 2021 legislative action group on facebook. 8,000+ members now and its got the attention of our friendly house/senate members.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Expect extreme shenanigans for hearings due to Covid.  Like very limited in-person testimony, if allowed at all.  I wouldn't put it past them to try a "reservation" system which will oddly be opened to the opposition first and on a "first come, first served" basis.  Or they'll go with a Zoom type setup for public testimony, and they'll "magically" have technical difficulties during all our testimony, or cut off the mic, and let the opposition run long.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Dems own the vote counting machines, they don't care what the subjects think.  The future is bleak.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Expect extreme shenanigans for hearings due to Covid.  Like very limited in-person testimony, if allowed at all.  I wouldn't put it past them to try a "reservation" system which will oddly be opened to the opposition first and on a "first come, first served" basis.  Or they'll go with a Zoom type setup for public testimony, and they'll "magically" have technical difficulties during all our testimony, or cut off the mic, and let the opposition run long.
View Quote

"What difference does it make"TM to testify in person opposing proposed legislation when the state govt is a 1 party machine?  And state SC judges aren't going to rule in opposition to their party of preference, so don't look for relief there, either.  It would take a federal overruling via supremacy clause to slap this state down.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, an up-mountain climb...the only real hope is some of the pro-gun D's like Blake don't cave.

We fought this battle last year...everyone remember the last minute stunts they tried to pull...you can bet it'll be every bit of that and more.  Speaker Jenkins will ramrod stuff through, count on it.

Despite the MASSIVE, devastating economic problems on the horizon with this yet again shutdown, they'll be sure to find time to tell law-abiding citizens how their guns and mags, that have NEVER been involved in a violent crime, are the problem.

Get involved, NOW.

Boss

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Buncha horseshit is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They already basically announced this.

Now, all committee meetings will be held remotely, with people being able to sign up and deliver comments via Zoom from anywhere.

“I think this actually gives constituents from all over the state an even better opportunity to have access,” said Senate Majority Leader Andy Billig, D-Spokane, at a meeting Thursday. He said people would be able to sign up to testify on pending legislation as late as one hour before a scheduled committee meeting.

House Speaker Laurie Jinkins, D-Tacoma, said she expects more people will want to testify on bills at the Legislature now, since doing so won’t require driving over a snowy mountain pass or traveling hours by bus or car.

To accommodate that increased interest, the House is planning to create additional ways to accept public testimony by email or in writing, Jinkins said.

Not looking forward to January. I can only hope the shitshow that is the WA budget may distract them for a while.

Also, Dems didn't win a couple of the seats they hoped, the balance is unchanged as of today.

While some state legislative seats changed from Republican to Democratic hands and vice versa, the final result is that Democrats will now have the same majorities in Olympia as they had before.

Democrats will maintain their 57-41 majority in the state House and their 28-21 majority in the state Senate. A conservative Democrat who caucuses with Republicans is counted among Republicans in those numbers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the Bright and Hopeful future. I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
We'd be doing ALOT better if we could get ALOT more of the law-abiding gun owners active and engaged in contacting legislators and making their voices heard, civilly, clearly and concisely.

Wayyyyyy too much apathy/complacency...or venting hot air on forums.  Need a lot more folks writing their representatives than just posting 'This is BS!' forums (which does absolutely nothing).

You want improvement?  Be that 'Somebody' who gets involved.  Not take the 'Somebody [else, other than my lazy a$$] should do something!' stance.  Again, that does absolutely nothing.

You need to be an active participant in your own political self-preservation as a law-abiding gun owner.  The days of throwing a $20 at the NRA and getting things done are over.

If you're not already at least talking to your shooting buddies, you're behind the curve...

And this year, perhaps with the lockdown, maybe Zoom or other platforms might offer new opportunities for folks to participate in hearings etc.  Yes, we know this will likely be manipulated...

Bottom line - get involved in some form or fashion (civilly of course)...Put up or shut up.  Pure and simple.  

$.02 worth,
BOSS
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep, an up-mountain climb...the only real hope is some of the pro-gun D's like Blake don't cave.

We fought this battle last year...everyone remember the last minute stunts they tried to pull...you can bet it'll be every bit of that and more.  Speaker Jenkins will ramrod stuff through, count on it.

Despite the MASSIVE, devastating economic problems on the horizon with this yet again shutdown, they'll be sure to find time to tell law-abiding citizens how their guns and mags, that have NEVER been involved in a violent crime, are the problem.

Get involved, NOW.

Boss

View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blake fail to get re-elected?  I thought he lost his seat to a Republican in the 19th.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We'd be doing ALOT better if we could get ALOT more of the law-abiding gun owners active and engaged in contacting legislators and making their voices heard, civilly, clearly and concisely.

Wayyyyyy too much apathy/complacency...or venting hot air on forums.  Need a lot more folks writing their representatives than just posting 'This is BS!' forums (which does absolutely nothing).

You want improvement?  Be that 'Somebody' who gets involved.  Not take the 'Somebody [else, other than my lazy a$$] should do something!' stance.  Again, that does absolutely nothing.

You need to be an active participant in your own political self-preservation as a law-abiding gun owner.  The days of throwing a $20 at the NRA and getting things done are over.

If you're not already at least talking to your shooting buddies, you're behind the curve...

And this year, perhaps with the lockdown, maybe Zoom or other platforms might offer new opportunities for folks to participate in hearings etc.  Yes, we know this will likely be manipulated...

Bottom line - get involved in some form or fashion (civilly of course)...Put up or shut up.  Pure and simple.  

$.02 worth,
BOSS
View Quote

This X 10,000 percent!

Too many WA gun owners tuck tail and run before the fight has even started.

Sorry - not sorry.  It's the truth.

Seriously:  many of y'all need to check for sack and then fall in.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.  Cliche' but true.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Blake fail to get re-elected?  I thought he lost his seat to a Republican in the 19th.

View Quote

that's correct

https://patch.com/washington/seattle/late-republican-ballots-thwart-democratic-gains-wa-legislature
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This X 10,000 percent!

Too many WA gun owners tuck tail and run before the fight has even started.

Sorry - not sorry.  It's the truth.

Seriously:  many of y'all need to check for sack and then fall in.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.  Cliche' but true.

View Quote

I have been to many of the Olympia rallies since 2013.

I would bet that many of the people that show up in camo and jammie pants have never actually written their reps or scheduled a meeting with them.

I guess it's great that they provide warm bodies on site but basically it means nothing to Olympia politicians.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's correct

https://patch.com/washington/seattle/late-republican-ballots-thwart-democratic-gains-wa-legislature

Despite being a D, Blake was very pro2A.  Having such 'on the other team' probably had benefits.

Don't know much about him, but let's hope the new guy, McEntire does a good job.

Boss
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Despite being a D, Blake was very pro2A.  Having such 'on the other team' probably had benefits.

Don't know much about him, but let's hope the new guy, McEntire does a good job.

Boss
View Quote

I think this could be a problem as having a gun rights voice on the other side of the isle was an ace in the home.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Get in the game folks, start your contact-plans your friends, family, shooting buddies and legislators now...you should know legislators contact info so you can call/write/email...

Australian Gun Owners Warning to Americans, If It Happened to Us It Can Happen To You

Biden's Incoming WH Deputy Chief Of Staff touted "mandatory buybacks" of AR-15s

Boss
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
With 4 days until 2021...BTT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/759813111155782/about

Boss
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With 4 days until 2021...BTT

https://www.facebook.com/groups/759813111155782/about

Boss
View Quote

One of the best sources of up-to-the-minute info on gun rights legislation in Washington, including the "Easy Action of the Day" posts.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I deleted Suckbook. How else can you get info and stay involved. Just moved here and would like to get plugged in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top