Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 8:14:49 PM EDT
My wife and I sold our Rental and Condo in WPB, FL. Close on May 10. We just secured a 12 month lease outside of Knoxville in Wildacre Way. Really quiet community. We're renting a villa with garage. This will give us some time to really look around and determine where we want to find our Last Stand up here in TN. I may even buy property and look around to build next year. Hoping the housing market and prices settle a bit which I expect they should. Anyway I need a couple of things from you guys.
1) I don't like banks, really want a credit Union. Any suggestions?
2) If a CU is out, what do you guys recommend for a local bank?

We plan to stay around the Knoxville, Sevierville, Seymour areas. Looking for a bit more quiet but good range to quality amenities. Hospitals, DR's. Dentist, etc.
We'll be snooping around soon enough and I look forward to being a part of your community.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of Wildacre Way so I looked it up. Right off of John Sevier, correct? Word of advice, John Sevier and Alcoa Hwy(you’re near that too) really suck as far as accidents and traffic. BE CAREFUL DRIVING THESE ROADS. When there are accidents there, a lot of the time they’re fatalities. Granted these happen everywhere but those two highways are renowned for it around here. The nickname for Alcoa Hwy is I'llKillYa Hwy.

As to credit unions, there are several. Google for them. I can’t speak for which one is better than the others.

Another thing about traffic, Sevier county sucks especially the closer you get to Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and of course Gatlinburg. Property prices also go up as well. With the hot market right now and building craze I can only imagine how bad it is near those areas.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Y-12 fcu, happy with their service. There is also ORNL fcu and TVA fcu in the area.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ORNL FCU
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Joe Bob's Credit Union?  

Seriously, I have nothing to offer as NE TN isn't my AO. If you want SE TN help, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Rebel, We'll be careful upon ingress and egress of our humble abode! Good info.

I'm thinking of going with TVA CUnion. We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
We use ORNL credit union. We are really happy with them.

Yeah, be careful on Alcoa Hwy. I drive it a short distance going to and from work. Luckily only from Pellissippi Pkwy and the airport.
People will look straight at you and pull out in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife and I sold our Rental and Condo in WPB, FL. Close on May 10. We just secured a 12 month lease outside of Knoxville in Wildacre Way. Really quiet community. We're renting a villa with garage. This will give us some time to really look around and determine where we want to find our Last Stand up here in TN. I may even buy property and look around to build next year. Hoping the housing market and prices settle a bit which I expect they should. Anyway I need a couple of things from you guys.
1) I don't like banks, really want a credit Union. Any suggestions?
2) If a CU is out, what do you guys recommend for a local bank?

We plan to stay around the Knoxville, Sevierville, Seymour areas. Looking for a bit more quiet but good range to quality amenities. Hospitals, DR's. Dentist, etc.
We'll be snooping around soon enough and I look forward to being a part of your community.
View Quote

Lot's of awesome places to settle up here.

I've seen ORNL, Knoxville TVA, and Y-12 as the most popular. If you ETMA is a great small union the I highly recommend, though you might have to have some military affiliation but I'm not sure. Stay away from UT federal
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome neighbor, I'm about a mile from there, as the crow flies.  As for a credit union,  I use Alcoa TN Federal credit union.  They have several branches in the Knoxville area.

As another poster mentioned,  Alcoa Hwy traffic does suck, but there is a way to get to Alcoa/Maryville without using it if you know the backroads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top