Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 10:36:35 PM EDT
Letter in NY Times

She continues to say justices shouldn’t legislate from the bench while also advocating that the election should have been stopped the day before.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
"I hope I’ll be judged on following the law, not the party line." Ok Jill, get back to us in a year or two and see if you can say that again with a straight face.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I hope I’ll be judged on following the law, not the party line." Ok Jill, get back to us in a year or two and see if you can say that again with a straight face.
View Quote

Yep, and the comments are also hilarious. I love the ones about "conservative activist judges." LOL.

ETA: She also makes a point that the judicial process should be deliberative... Which is, of course, why the 9th Circuit immediately granted Becerra's emergency stay against Benitez' considered and deliberative 120-page injunction ruling...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That's rich - the conservative judges are "activists", but the liberal judges are caring and thoughtful in their opinions.  Get out the shovel and boots.  She's not even on the court yet and I've developed a strong dislike for her.  She's demanding an inquiry into the election - would be nice if they did that and decided to void the election and order a redo.  Bet her song would change then.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's rich - the conservative judges are "activists", but the liberal judges are caring and thoughtful in their opinions.  Get out the shovel and boots.  She's not even on the court yet and I've developed a strong dislike for her.  She's demanding an inquiry into the election - would be nice if they did that and decided to void the election and order a redo.  Bet her song would change then.
View Quote

Sorry, I could have saved you the time wondering if she had any redeeming or likeable qualities, she does not.

She's always been a worthless cunt. She has never met a Marxist or "Progressive" position that she didn't fully embrace. Any talk from her about following the law is embarrassing. I wouldn't have been as upset about losing that seat to the Democrats as I was about her getting it. She's the most despicable and undeserving person to be a Supreme Court Justice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what MacIver Institute has to say about her today?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it strange that a justice-elect goes to a public forum to take a political position. The long-standing tradition is that judges are apolitical and don’t make these type of statements because they could be later viewed as prejudicial.

It is also interesting that she chose to write her letter in a NY rag rather than a local paper. She is signaling that she’s not here for Wisconsinites but rather to return favors to “her side”.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
The election of that woman will haunt us someday
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The election of that woman will haunt us someday
View Quote

...much like Evers, already does.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
In February there was a controversy about politicizing the federal bench, Judge Jose Cabranes had a few words to say about that. His words seem particularly relevant to this judges actions:

Then, after the Justice Department moved to reduce a sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone, USAToday reported that the Federal Judges Association was calling an emergency meeting. Its president, District Judge Cynthia Rufe, said the idea was to address concerns about how Justice officials and the President were intervening in sensitive cases.

That shocked a number of federal judges, and Judge Rufe later tried to play it all down. Not, though, before one of the towering figures on the Second Circuit, Jose Cabranes, fired off to Judge Rufe a now widely circulated email. It expressed concern that the emergency meeting would “purport to speak for the federal judiciary on a pending political question.”

“I urge you to come off this precipice, and to withdraw from active politics in the name of the federal judges of this country,” Judge Cabranes, a longtime member of the FJA, wrote in his brief cable. “If you do not do so, you risk confusing the public about the role of the courts in our constitutional order and thereby deepening the crisis in confidence in our institutions.”
View Quote

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/the-resistance-starts-to-infect-our-courts/91025/
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TrainSafe:
I find it strange that a justice-elect goes to a public forum to take a political position. The long-standing tradition is that judges are apolitical and don’t make these type of statements because they could be later viewed as prejudicial. 

It is also interesting that she chose to write her letter in a NY rag rather than a local paper. She is signaling that she’s not here for Wisconsinites but rather to return favors to “her side”.
View Quote

She’s a liberal, so whining even after she won is true to form.

Is it disgraceful? Yes.

Surprising? Not in the least.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

She’s a liberal, so whining even after she won is true to form.

Is it disgraceful? Yes.

Surprising? Not in the least.
View Quote

Just noticed that you got a membership!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Just noticed that you got a membership!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

She’s a liberal, so whining even after she won is true to form.

Is it disgraceful? Yes.

Surprising? Not in the least.

Just noticed that you got a membership!

Yeah, it had lapsed when wife was going through some medical stuff that cost us a bunch of money, so discretionary funds got axed hard.

Things are better now & I could never figure out how to post images from imgur, so I broke down & re-upped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top