Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2020 9:35:16 AM EDT
Well, it looks like both are closed.

Wind cave specifically states it's not opening up until social distancing guidelines are removed, so they won't be open anytime soon.

I can't find a similar statement concerning Jewel Cave. Any chance it opens up sometime in July. We'll be in the area July14th-16th.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Doubtful to be honest
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doubtful to be honest
View Quote

That's what I figured
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
We went through Jewel cave a few years back now... hadn't been since I was a kid.

Honestly, I could see a day that they end up closing Jewel cave to the public. They were talking about the bats and how people coming into the cave is spreading White-Nose. I am sure it is just a matter of time before the nuts from the west coast get it closed down to save the bats.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny enough, was checking online earlier.  Everything on the surface is open at Jewel, but none of the cave tours are running.  

"Cave Construction Project through the end of June."

If they bring back the Historic Lantern Tour, just do it.  Don't ask, don't hesitate, just do it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have heard the "construction" project was to replace all the stairs in the cave. I have heard they were literally falling apart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top