Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2020 11:29:20 AM EDT
https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/jay-henges-riflepistol-range-now-open-public?

Jay Henges rifle/pistol range now open to the public
News from the region: St. Louis
Dan Zarlenga
Nov 18, 2020

HIGH RIDGE, Mo.The rifle/pistol range at the Missouri Department of Conservation's (MDC) Jay Henges Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center is now open to the public.

Edit - To fix link
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Been waiting for them to open up for a few years now, it’s the closes outdoor range for me
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So just looking at the picture it's outdoors but completely covered?
I'm also guessing that no steel core (understandable) also means no steel cased.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So just looking at the picture it's outdoors but completely covered?
I'm also guessing that no steel core (understandable) also means no steel cased.
View Quote

It used to be just the shooters under roof, but the pic appears to be a bunch of pergolas to keep people from shooting too high. Still open air, but from the shooters perspective you can't see/shoot between the boards.

No steel core is to prevent over-penetration. Steel cased wouldn't hurt anything, so since it's not listed I think it would be okay.
The only negative I can see would be not wanting it mixed in when they sweep up brass, because it would create problems when they go to recycle it. I'd call and ask them before going.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw this on another forum; apparently St. Louis County/Henges requires masks now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just saw this on another forum; apparently St. Louis County/Henges requires masks now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51036/henges_jpg-1727489.JPG
View Quote

What a joke.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
good! It was a nail biter for a while there when they couldn't find anyone within budget to fix that bullet trap...
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
good! It was a nail biter for a while there when they couldn't find anyone within budget to fix that bullet trap...
View Quote

Actually replaced the bullet trap because the old one was essentially unrepairable, also replaced several of the down range baffle panels because of heavy bullet strikes to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top