Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 12:34:00 AM EDT
**** Edited ****

Jared Reston of Reston Group is coming to Range 35 here in the DFW area, just south of Ft. Worth. 2 day class of pistol/rifle training. We're still looking for people to sign up, looking forward to meeting some folks from here!

https://www.restongrouptraining.com/schedule.aspx

You can sign up and pay here: https://www.restongrouptraining.com/courses-2dpg1.aspx

Participants in this course should have a core understanding of marksmanship fundamentals and strong weapons handling skills. Building on these fundamentals, participants will be instructed in high performance skills and will practice techniques to enable them to successfully perform in firearm engagements.

Days are typically 9-10 hours in length with a short lunch break. Certificates are given upon successful completion of the second day.

Topics covered will include:

Weapon Zeros
Safety
Grip
Stance
Accuracy
Speed
Positions
Multiple Threats
Reloads
Malfunctions
Shooting on the Move
Mindset

Required equipment:

Rifle
Serviceable Pistol
3 Rifle Magazines
Pouches for Rifle Magazines
3 Pistol Magazines
Pouches for Pistol Magazines
550 Rifle Rounds / 500 Pistol Rounds
Rifle Sling
Eye and Ear Protections
Serviceable Holster
2019 Classes - $450/person
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Registration is open on his site now. Class will be listed as Dallas for 3/14 - 3/15.

https://www.restongrouptraining.com/schedule.aspx
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Threads like these remind me I need to get some gear so I can attend the classes offered in threads like these...
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
hmm might have to check this out
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks OP for posting this.  I'm interested but after looking at the shooting standards, I'm a good ways away from being comfortable taking this class.  But the shooting standards TO take this class give me some good direction and great benchmarks to achieve while I practice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP for posting this.  I'm interested but after looking at the shooting standards, I'm a good ways away from being comfortable taking this class.  But the shooting standards TO take this class give me some good direction and great benchmarks to achieve while I practice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I know there are some AAR's I did during a quick Google search. Might want to check those out to see how difficult the class will flow. I don't think it'll be all that bad. But as you say, ultimately you know your skill level. :)

Quoted:
Yes sir, i would.
I pulled the trigger too soon. I thought this would be a pistol class. My bad.

ETA: I think he is a living hero. The fights he has survived and won are incredible.
Round count is 550 rifle/500 pistol. Hard to find good training that covers both. Come on out!
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know there are some AAR's I did during a quick Google search. Might want to check those out to see how difficult the class will flow. I don't think it'll be all that bad. But as you say, ultimately you know your skill level. :)

Round count is 550 rifle/500 pistol. Hard to find good training that covers both. Come on out!
View Quote
I agree. That's not that much ammo for a full two day class. I like my reps!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
My timer came in so I was able to shoot the standards over this past weekend.  I'm in.

Also - I'm about 2 hours away so I'll be getting a hotel.  Any recommendations or places to avoid in the area?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My timer came in so I was able to shoot the standards over this past weekend.  I'm in.

Also - I'm about 2 hours away so I'll be getting a hotel.  Any recommendations or places to avoid in the area?
View Quote
It's about 1:15 from me, so I'm not really sure. Usually sticking to the bigger name chains you should be OK though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn’t want to post a new thread but on this topic I think I’m going to sign up for Field Craft Survival’s Carbine course at the end of March in DFW.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's about 1:15 from me, so I'm not really sure. Usually sticking to the bigger name chains you should be OK though.
View Quote
Got a reservation in Alvarado for Fri/Sat.  Thought about getting one just for Sat, but that would make a long day if I would drive in Sat morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Got a reservation in Alvarado for Fri/Sat.  Thought about getting one just for Sat, but that would make a long day if I would drive in Sat morning.
View Quote
Right on. That would be my suggestion as well. It would suck because you'd have to short yourself sleep the first night and then worry about making it to class on time. Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I know there have been a couple of inquires as to the rifle/pistol standards posted for the class. There will not be a "pass or go home" test at the beginning. The standards are a general idea of the level of where you should be shooting. i.e. I would not come to this class having never shot a rifle before. Rifle should be zeroed prior to class, there's nothing worse to drag a class down while the instructor has to work with folks to get rifles zeroed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Once my timer came in and I shot the standards, they're not that bad.  I had misread a couple of times as total times and not split times, so it didn't end up being a big deal after all.  Now, if I can just see the target...  
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I edited the post to show all of the details. Hoping to see some of you guys out there! :)
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]
The class is still a go, but ideally it would be great if we could get another couple of people signed up. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top