Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2020 5:13:35 AM EDT
Looking at some land In Jacksonville, conservative? Libs?

What is Medford like?

100+ acres, my own shooting range is the goal, off grid home.

I have SBRs and suppressors, no restrictions on that stuff right?

Mag restrictions?

I’m in AZ, anybody from AZ with any suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
6th generation Southern Oregonian here. Family settled here in 1852.Tell you anything you need to know. J-ville itself is a old west tourist town,most locals avoid it during the (normal times) season. A J-ville address covers a lot of territory because that's where the area post office is. Lots of Cali transplants and some bring their politics. Medford is more of a working mans town. No funky firearm laws, everything goes through NCIS via OSP. Wait times usually 10 min. now about 1 week. Do Not go into Ca with firearms unless you know the commie law.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Wildfires (smoke) can be intense and last. Lots of BLM USFS land and tons of roadless wilderness. Rough terrain. Hot summers, mild winters, snow level 3-4000 ft (valley floor at 1500-2000 ft).
About 30 of 36 Oregon counties voted Trump.Commie gov brown never sets foot in these counties, if she does it's with "enhanced" security. Liberals are becoming a problem. Shitehole Portland is about 300 mi away and controls Oregon politics. Whole different kind or Oregon up there.
I have no issues raising my children and grandchildren here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wildfires (smoke) can be intense and last. Lots of BLM USFS land and tons of roadless wilderness. Rough terrain. Hot summers, mild winters, snow level 3-4000 ft (valley floor at 1500-2000 ft).
About 30 of 36 Oregon counties voted Trump.Commie gov brown never sets foot in these counties, if she does it's with "enhanced" security. Liberals are becoming a problem. Shitehole Portland is about 300 mi away and controls Oregon politics. Whole different kind or Oregon up there.
I have no issues raising my children and grandchildren here.
View Quote

Very much appreciate the feedback, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a third generation Oregonian.  A few points were missed here.

Oregon is now under the control of extreme anti-gun liberals and is only a short time away from passing extreme anti-gun measures. If you value your gun rights/freedoms I would suggest you look in a pro-gun Red state.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a third generation Oregonian.  A few points were missed here.

Oregon is now under the control of extreme anti-gun liberals and is only a short time away from passing extreme anti-gun measures. If you value your gun rights/freedoms I would suggest you look in a pro-gun Red state.
View Quote

I would invite you to move here and help us keep our state great! I personally welcome your vote. I like Jacksonville. Medford is a sh**hole, Grants Pass is sh**hole, and most everyone living down there have moved up from California, bringing their liberal politics/views with them. Living in Ashland felt like living in a bizarre California.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I think AZ is pro gun? I don't know. I've wanted to move there my self.

I wouldn't call Oregon "pro gun" by any stretch. It's just that we don't have to bad of laws... Yet.

Our state police want to have their thumb on you, so they do background checks for gun purchases. (As opposed to letting the FBI do them for free) This is important because numerous people who move here from another state get indefinitely delayed and the excuse is normally that the state police is waiting for information about a traffic stop years ago in another state. I've personally known several people who had that happen. It makes you effectively prohibited from buying a firearm. Oh yeah, no private party sales anymore.

Every year we narrowly defeat massive California style gun bans.

It is what it is. Decide what's important to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top