Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2023 2:21:34 PM EDT
Hey everybody!

My wife is turning 30 in Dec and for some reason she's taking it pretty hard. We live near Gatlinburg TN and we try to get to Jackson or Bozeman every year that we don't have a newborn. We were married in the Tetons.

We always go in June or July but have always wanted to go in winter. So I'm going to plan something to surprise her with.

Obvious question is what should we do? I think snow shoeing in the Tetons looks cool. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 1:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#1]
Snow shoeing would be a must for me. There should be enough around Jackson, and Bridger-Teton NF around US26 to the northeast will have more trails.

Keep in mind a lot of the places up that way can get bad air pollution during the winter due to the cold (high pressure air and temperature inversions), high vehicle traffic (especially snowmobiles), and bowl-like topography. I don't know how bad Jackson Hole gets, but West Yellowstone, MT is notorious for this.

Jackson has plenty of good bars and restaurants, plus a few museums if you need something indoors. The elk at the refuge should be easy to spot since they'll likely be out of the trees and in the grasslands. Might see some bison out there, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top