Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2023 8:29:42 PM EDT
How is open carry received in this part of the state?

Will be in the area this weekend & would rather not have the cops called on me

On that note any great restaurants in the area?
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TMA] [#1]
Why not carry concealed?  

Wyoming Constitutional carry was passed in 2021.

For the rules, see page 2  www.handgunlaw.us/states/wyoming.pdf

Edit: It is my understanding open carry is perfectly legal statewide.  It is also my understanding that it is highly frowned upon and the local police will highly encourage you to not do it.  I have never tried to open carry in Jackson, I have only heard third and fourth person stories indicating it is not the best thing to do.

As to restaurants; sorry I can't help you, it has been too many years since I've eaten there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Open carry is stupid, esp when you can carry concealed. I don’t know where you live, but Wyoming is free America and you don’t need permission to carry concealed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Carry it concealed

Good food, try out Miazgas
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Carry it concealed

View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation

Wyoming is anti gun it seems and anti 2nd amendment, sad
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
Open carry is stupid, esp when you can carry concealed. I don’t know where you live, but Wyoming is free America and you don’t need permission to carry concealed.
View Quote

Having a hard time comprehending I see.

If Wyoming was free everybody would be open carrying instead of whimpering while talking trash
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
Open carry is stupid
View Quote

Blanket statements like that are stupid.

That out of the way, concealed is likely to be more trouble-free in that locale. However, I was up there this time last year and saw some folks carrying openly and more printing concealed. Don't recall any hubbub.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bullwinkle17:
View Quote

Honest question: are you high?

2/3 of adults here own firearms. We're a tenth of a percentage point behind Montana. Even in a left-leaning spot like Jackson, one is still free to exercise their inalienable right.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lew:

Honest question: are you high?

2/3 of adults here own firearms. We're a tenth of a percentage point behind Montana. Even in a left-leaning spot like Jackson, one is still free to exercise their inalienable right.
View Quote

I do not do illegal drugs.

I asked a honest question and the tools came out of th woodwork attacking me for daring to open carry. Exactly why is that in what you clam is a firearm friendly state?

Why do I need to justify my open carrying of a handgun in Wyoming if its so friendly to guns?

I have my reasons for asking a honest question & then I'm pilled on stacked for asking how open carry would be received.

Apparently I'm at fault for daring to open carry in a gun loving state.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Blanket statements like that are stupid.

That out of the way, concealed is likely to be more trouble-free in that locale. However, I was up there this time last year and saw some folks carrying openly and more printing concealed. Don't recall any hubbub.
View Quote

I do not wear a coat in my Jeep & carry OWB so when I get out for gas/hotel/food or whatever im open carrying till a coat is put on. I get food someplace, do I have o eat with my coat on? or can I take it off/ without having the cops called

In Wyoming its illegal to conceal carry in a establishment that serves alcohol but it's legal to open carry so technically its illegal to sit in a bar and eat food while drinking a coke a cola

If you do not have a WY concealed cay permit for constitutional carry to be legal you must meet WY requirements for a permit & that includes residency requirements

I am disabled and OWB carry is what works best with my injuries

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think you'll have any issue open-carrying. I did that for years living in Michigan as I couldn't carry while at work, so I'd leave my pistol and holster in the truck. If anyone ever batted and eye, I never heard about it. Never had an issue in Phoenix, either.

Yes, Wyoming is as gun-friendly as they come. However, Jackson's the leftoid corner of the state. You should be fine, but be prepared for some whacko to flip out. Again, that probably won't happen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Carry it concealed

Lol it is not
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Lol it is not
View Quote

Let 'im live his fantasy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Yes, Wyoming is as gun-friendly as they come. However, Jackson's the leftoid corner of the state.
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullwinkle17] [#14]
Wyoming sure is gun friendly. had the cops called on me in Riverton for open carry & was told I could not eat at a restaurant while wearing a gun. Had the cops called on me in Jackson hole while getting gas

my hotel in Jackson told me no firearms but what they did not see they did not know, so there was that

not very gun friendly

and yes I was open carrying on purpose in a level II retention holster
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Its funny because I live is what everyone consideres Colorado extended and I have had O issues. I guess some are just unlucky in their experiences.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Wyoming sure is gun friendly. had the cops called on me in Riverton for open carry & was told I could not eat at a restaurant while wearing a gun. Had the cops called on me in Jackson hole while getting gas

my hotel in Jackson told me no firearms but what they did not see they did not know, so there was that

not very gun friendly

View Quote

Everyone told you to conceal carry, but you chose the the option that gets you noticed. And you got noticed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Its funny because I live is what everyone consideres Colorado extended and I have had O issues. I guess some are just unlucky in their experiences.
View Quote

Or we're not being presented the full picture.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Or we're not being presented the full picture.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]

not very gun friendly

View Quote

You got the cops called on you multiple times in the span of a few days? You must really look/act like a shitheel, because everybody else carries guns open and otherwise all over the state with zero issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top