Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2018 11:50:29 AM EDT
We do not want this guy getting elected...

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69330#entry1160449

JB Pritzker Stance on Firearms

JB PRITZKER’S EXTREME ANTI-GUN RECORD

Throughout his public life, Pritzker has shown a sustained hostility to gun rights, particularly regarding handguns:
When he ran for Congress in 1997, Pritzker called for a 100 percent tax on handguns and handgun ammunition, which he estimated would raise $1 billion a year. (Scott Fornek, “Pritzker, In First Political Run, Vows He Can 'Get The Job Done',” Chicago Sun-Times, 9/7/97)
In the same campaign, he even favored banning the sale of handguns entirely. (Susan Dodge, “Candidates Hit Trail To Congress,” Chicago Sun-Times, 2/22/98)

In his campaign for governor, Pritzker has been a vocal supporter of banning certain firearms and accessories.
He supports banning the sale of so-called assault weapons and high capacity magazines. (JB Pritzker Website)

Pritzker supports onerous regulations that would hurt small gun shops and law-abiding gun owners.
He supported the gun dealer licensing bill vetoed by Governor Rauner earlier this year. (Sara Burnett, "How Illinois governor candidates would address gun violence," Associated Press, 1/14/18)
He supports implementing universal background checks in Illinois. (JB Pritzker Website)
He supports the creation of gun violence protection orders in Illinois that could impair due process rights. (JB Pritzker Website)

Pritzker’s activism against Second Amendment rights earned him recognition from anti-gun groups:
In 2005, Pritzker Received The Citizen Advocacy Award From The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. (Press Release, “Sen. Ted Kennedy To Receive Distinguished 'Lincoln Award' From Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence At Nov. 7 Awards Dinner,” Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, 11/7/2005)
Pritzker once served as Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. (“Morning Spin: Pritzker Boasts Of Poshard Backing, But They're A Political Odd Couple,” Chicago Tribune, 9/25/17)

Pritzker is a big-money funder of state and national gun control groups:
He has contributed $101,000 to gun control groups through his foundation. (IRS Form 990-PF, Pritzker Family Foundation, 2002-2009)
He gave $76,000 to the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence From 2002-2009.
He gave $25,000 to the Brady Center To Prevent Gun Violence In 2003.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Pritzkers stance on guns is well known after all he is a Chicago boy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a big fan of Gov. Rauner, but if Pritzker gets elected, we, the gun owners of Illinois are screwed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What will Pritzker attempt to rein in those southern IL counties that declared themselves "gun owner sanctuaries?"
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What will Pritzker attempt to rein in those southern IL counties that declared themselves "gun owner sanctuaries?"
View Quote
And the numbers continue to grow with more placing it on their meeting agendas.  What can he offer up...I dont see them reaching agreement on this topic although these are county boards and not legislators.  Non binding so I suppose the northern Dems can just ignore it.

The 2M+ FOID card and 300K+ CCL holders need to unite and do what they can to reelect Rauner.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68707&page=7#entry1160090

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
It isn't enough for us just to vote, we need to get everyone we know (that isn't owned by public dollars) to the polls too.  We have so many people bought by democrat promised money taken from taxpayers that this is an uphill battle but, if we can rally the good folks, we can do this again.  I've been saying all along that Rauner is good on guns.  He has proved it!
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It's so weird these days. I know more and more Democrat Voters who are buying and own guns and ARs than ever before. The anti-2 A energy in this State just amazes me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think the anti-gun fervor is as bad as anyone would think.  The problem is the democrats control everything in Springfield.  Their leadership only lets the bad bills get hearings and a vote while they don't even let pro-gun bills be discussed.  Anyone voting for a democrat is voting for this type of leadership that holds all the cards.  And...I'm constantly amazed at the nonsense I hear from those northern democrats and now, a few squishy republicans!
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Pritzker has already stated he wants to raise the state's income tax and the unions are still backing him.

I remember getting into a "debate" w/ one of my instructors when I went thru the IBEW apprentice program.

Him:  "You ALWAYS vote for your paycheck"

Me:  "So you would vote for a person that would take away your rights such as your right to own firearms.  I will not trade my rights for a paycheck"

Him:  "Without a paycheck you won't be able to buy anything"

Me:  "You can sell your soul for a dollar if you want but I will not"

More back and forth with him ending with, "You better not ever bring a gun into my class"  

Me:   "Where the hell did that come from?!"

All of the teachers preached voting D no matter what, protect your paycheck no matter what, etc.

All Pritzker has to do is win Crook County and he's in.  What if we changed the voting system so that each county was worth one vote for a governor?
Majority rule decides which candidate gets that vote?

We have already started looking to relocate to TN
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What if we changed the voting system so that each county was worth one vote for a governor?
View Quote
I think some states have an alternative system to the way it is done in IL.   But with blocking term limits and changing the gerrymandering map redistricting rules, I dont see any changes happening soon...and if it is a constitutional thing it becomes more complex than just a Madigan block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top