Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2021 4:48:03 AM EDT
Need a suggestion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Need a suggestion.
View Quote

Bump. My girl just asked me about mine and FML, it expires July 12th.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with Phil Gain, he teaches out at the CC shooting park.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I did mine with Low Pro.  
Thom did a really good class.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out The Gun Store. They do classes 3 times a week.  Two female instructors. They are the best.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out The Gun Store. They do classes 3 times a week.  Two female instructors. They are the best.
View Quote

Agreed. Did my renewal class there earlier this year.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you want to make a day trip out of it...Crapshoot and I went out to Alamo and did ours with Derek Bowman. I wholeheartedly recommend him and his class sizes are tiny....it was just 4 of us.

I cant do 30 guys in a class and have the guy who was Wyatt Earps Deputy sit there and describe how he defeated the James Gang holdup of a Wells Fargo stage back in 1867.....Good Lord just shut the fuck up and let me leave already....
View Quote

This if you don't mind the drive.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
CCW Renewal.  Ugh.  

If it wasn't for the requirement to at least have some fun shooting bullets at the end, it would be cringier than spending all Saturday at "Pizza-N-Comedy4U" traffic school.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I went through spartan arms and it was a great class. They teach it out of Clark county shooting complex.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but when I went to Metro in March they were requiring an appointment for CCW paperwork, no walk ins available and were turning people away at the door. Not sure if this has changed yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went through spartan arms and it was a great class. They teach it out of Clark county shooting complex.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but when I went to Metro in March they were requiring an appointment for CCW paperwork, no walk ins available and were turning people away at the door. Not sure if this has changed yet.
View Quote

Same thing when I was there in April but I haven't checked their website lately.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spartan Arms is right around the corner from my house. I think I’ll hit them up when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#12]
stay away from vegas ccw with nephi.  the first hour was him ranting about his personal political views.  he then proceeded to tell stories about being a bad ass like the time he hit someone's mom in the face with his gun.  he suggested that women who are confronted with an armed robber should say, "why not turn this robbery into a rape" because it could confuse and distract the robber long enough for her to draw her weapon and fire.  at the end of the class we took a multiple choice test with 30 or so questions.  nearly half of the content on the test was not covered during the class.  he managed the courage to casually say the one ethnic slur that no black person would condone to which a black woman in the class responded "did he just....".  it was an agonizing train wreck for eight hours.  the seats were comfortable and the lunch was decent.  just about no useful information was conveyed regarding concealed carry.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
stay away from vegas ccw with nephi.  the first hour was him ranting about his personal political views.  he then proceeded to tell stories about being a bad ass like the time he hit someone's mom in the face with his gun.  he suggested that women who are confronted with an armed robber should say, "why not turn this robbery into a rape" because it could confuse and distract the robber long enough for her to draw her weapon and fire.  at the end of the class we took a multiple choice test with 30 or so questions.  nearly half of the content on the test was not covered during the class.  he managed the courage to casually say the one ethnic slur that no black person would condone to which a black woman in the class responded "did he just....".  it was an agonizing train wreck for eight hours.  the seats were comfortable and the lunch was decent.  just about no useful information was conveyed regarding concealed carry.
View Quote

i just fucking let mine expire because I hate that kind of shit. I really should renew it.

I did my original through a member here ishoot2live. I don't know if he is still doing it hasn't posted on arf in a while but I enjoyed the class with him.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top