Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2018 4:00:04 PM EDT
collard greens specifically

I have looked at every store and haven't seen any. Even went to the asian shopping place. Hell I'll take them frozen if they have them.

Ive got smoked trotters, just need the greens
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't even know what any of that is.

Sorry
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even know what any of that is.

Sorry
View Quote
pork broth that has chopped up green leaves in it.

its awesome if the broth is made correctly
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#3]
11 years living there, we never saw them except at New Years...  and only certain stores had them then.  There was an Albertson's at Fort Union and 1300 E in Cottonwood Heights that had them.  Had to look it up to find the address...  Looks like it is now a Trader Joe's...

Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
11 years living there, we never saw them except at New Years...  and only certain stores had them then.  There was an Albertson's at Fort Union and 1300 E in Cottonwood Heights that had them.  Had to look it up to find the address...  Looks like it is now a Trader Joe's...

Good luck!!!
View Quote
thanks

it is a cold weather meal for most, but I was hoping to get some going since I just did red beans and have a lot of smoked pork left over
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]
We get them at the Smith’s marketplace in North Ogden quite often. Saw them at the Smith’s in Saratoga Springs a couple months ago as well. I don’t see them all the time, but like pigs feet and tripe, I do see them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Any small friendly restaurants in the area?  Pretty good chance you could get them ordered in from Sysco, if all else fails. I've brought in items for friendly customers when I had my restaurant
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any small friendly restaurants in the area?  Pretty good chance you could get them ordered in from Sysco, if all else fails. I've brought in items for friendly customers when I had my restaurant
View Quote
not really, and I've never seen them on any menus. I doubt I would be able to use a min order as well.

I think when I jump on a plane again I'll bring some back
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
collard greens specifically

I have looked at every store and haven't seen any. Even went to the asian shopping place. Hell I'll take them frozen if they have them.

Ive got smoked trotters, just need the greens
View Quote
Yep.  Piggly Wiggly or Winn Dixie, Ingles, or Lewis Jones...  Same place where you can get your boiled peanuts.  Oh, wait, I am not in Georgia anymore!  All jokes aside, there is some outstanding food here but I have found plenty of things that you just can't find here that we can get anywhere down South.  With that said, Utah is remains a great state and I do not regret for one minute my family's move out here.  It is not "home" but as a state, Utah offers a lot of what I did not have in Georgia.  It is also lacking in MANY of the very things that I do NOT miss.  I will leave that up to your imagination...
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is also lacking in MANY of the very things that I do NOT miss.  I will leave that up to your imagination...
View Quote
same reason I moved here from NC

I do miss Dukes as well
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

not really, and I've never seen them on any menus. I doubt I would be able to use a min order as well.

I think when I jump on a plane again I'll bring some back
View Quote
You want to fly too Ogden to get some collard greens? Probably quicker to drive.

At Smith’s a few hours ago.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You want to fly too Ogden to get some collard greens? Probably quicker to drive.

At Smith’s a few hours ago.
https://i.imgur.com/aGYNEwe.jpg
View Quote
holy shit-nice find

I bet thats going to cost a lot, Im used to a box of them for 5- 10 bucks

ETA

I was going to "fly" back east and pick some up
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

same reason I moved here from NC

I do miss Dukes as well
View Quote
You get it...
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top