Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 12:50:36 AM EDT
Yes, I know that NH is a constitutional carry state, but I'd like a paper permit to use to get permits from other states.  The question in question is: "For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?  In some states (like the one I came from) it's a big No-No to mention you want the permit for personal protection.
Some more info:  We are residents of Grafton county.  Originally from upstate, NY.......not to worry, we've NEVER voted for a demorat, (Trump 2024) and never will.  Had an unrestricted CCW permit in NY state.

Thanks,
700P

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
“All lawful purposes”.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
On the non-resident application, they state that it must be either "All propper purposes" or "Protection".
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, I know that NH is a constitutional carry state, but I'd like a paper permit to use to get permits from other states.  The question in question is: "For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?  In some states (like the one I came from) it's a big No-No to mention you want the permit for personal protection.
Some more info:  We are residents of Grafton county.  Originally from upstate, NY.......not to worry, we've NEVER voted for a demorat, (Trump 2024) and never will.  Had an unrestricted CCW permit in NY state.

Thanks,
700P
View Quote
From the relevant statute, RSA 159:6
"Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued."
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“All lawful purposes”.
View Quote

This is what I used on my original application as well as four renewals.  Seems to work just fine.  
Top Top