User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been sort of ruminating over this for quite a while.  I am not looking to form up a "militia" to fight the government or anything like that.  I am looking more for a way to be useful to my neighborhood when disaster strikes.  We had a doozy of an ice storm awhile back that brought down a lot of trees and power lines.  Damage to homes and cars was extensive.  But it was still in the realm of non-SHTF.  There were no looters, the police were still on the job.  I understand there were a few places where the national guard was called out, but they were not stretched beyond normal limits.

It is possible things could get worse, but probably not a lot worse.  If the National Guard and Police were stretched beyond their ability to keep calm and carry on, then it might be time to break out the rifles to keep the neighbors safe by forming a Neighborhood Watch Committee.  Nothing too militant, just a couple of guards at the entrances to check IDs and keep the looters out.  I'm thinking about the sort of thing the National Guard does now when a tornado rips through people's homes.

A much more realistic scenario would involve providing food, water, first aid, transportation to the nearest hospital, even electricity for those who have to do without.  To that end, I have started expanding my preps to include enough to feed a least a few of my neighbors who are not as prepared as am I.  I can't feed the whole neighborhood, of course.  But some elderly or injured people are within my possibility of helping.  It's the Christian thing to do.

And, of course, if word gets out that I am giving away food, someone may decide to came take it all at gun point. At that point, I might be somewhat less amiable.

Maybe Battle Buddies isn't the right venue for this.  Or maybe it is.
View Quote
Sheep dog kinda operates around those parameters.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I may be way off base and if I am just tell me to shut it. I'll understand.
View Quote
Please don't shut it.

I think I mused on it earlier in this thread but we are at an interesting point.  Our 2A freedoms are largely not under attack in OK and it's easy to be complacent.  I honestly, didn't think VA would ever see it either though.  I don't want to wait until it's at our door step and we are kicking it back.  I grew up here, lived in TX for 14 years and moved back mostly because of how blue TX was starting to turn.  I don't think it's at our door step but it's at our borders.

I have a 9 year old daughter that I want to see grow up free.  I guess I'm just pontificating now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm rarely in htf, but would be there if we needed to make a point. Like Virginia needed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please don't shut it.

I think I mused on it earlier in this thread but we are at an interesting point.  Our 2A freedoms are largely not under attack in OK and it's easy to be complacent.  I honestly, didn't think VA would ever see it either though.  I don't want to wait until it's at our door step and we are kicking it back.  I grew up here, lived in TX for 14 years and moved back mostly because of how blue TX was starting to turn.  I don't think it's at our door step but it's at our borders.

I have a 9 year old daughter that I want to see grow up free.  I guess I'm just pontificating now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may be way off base and if I am just tell me to shut it. I'll understand.
Please don't shut it.

Except that our 2A rights ARE under attack here.  The Dems have restarted their attempt to have constitutional carry repealed AND they have introduced legislation to limit mags to 10 rounds or below.  They don't care about anything except disarming all Americans and they will lie and cheat to achieve their goals.  It may not be as bad here as other states but it has started and it will get worse.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Our Sheriff just declared Leflore county a 2A sanctuary and Bill Of Rights sanctuary!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Our Sheriff just declared Leflore county a 2A sanctuary and Bill Of Rights sanctuary!
View Quote
I heard on the news from Thursday night that the sheriff of Logan County did the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I heard on the news from Thursday night that the sheriff of Logan County did the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Canadian is next.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Pittsburg county a few days ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Our governor needs to fire up some kind of 2A sanctuary state law or similar.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes I agree and declare the suppressor back ground check a violation of our constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes I agree and declare the suppressor back ground check a violation of our constitutional rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's not get crazy. Schools would burst into flames and puppies die if everyone had easy access to a device that makes crazy loud sounds into only pretty loud sounds.

Same thing if everyone had barrels that were 15.9" long instead of the 16" our wise and benevolent overlords determined as good for us.

It would be armageddon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go. SJR16 State question to change Article 2 Section 26 (our 2A)
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Let's not get crazy. Schools would burst into flames and puppies die if everyone had easy access to a device that makes crazy loud sounds into only pretty loud sounds.

Same thing if everyone had barrels that were 15.9" long instead of the 16" our wise and benevolent overlords determined as good for us.

It would be armageddon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be armageddon.
Yeah I know Liberals would spontaneously combust the ATF would go broke and people wouldn't loose their hearing and hearing aid companies would file bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here you go. SJR16 State question to change Article 2 Section 26 (our 2A)
Hopefully it gets to the law phase.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#17]
At least the "repeal the constitution carry" bill was struck down
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At least the "repeal the constitution carry" bill was struck down
View Quote
But they're still trying to get it on the ballot again,hopefully they won't be able to get enough signatures again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#19]
They'll never stop trying....which is why we can never let our guard down.  These people are a cancer on America.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
@bushmaster069

Are you the official OK contact? I noticed that OK is green on the new site so I'm wondering who the bossman is.

https://americanpioneercorps.org/
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@bushmaster069

Are you the official OK contact? I noticed that OK is green on the new site so I'm wondering who the bossman is.

https://americanpioneercorps.org/
View Quote
Not to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm wondering who the local contact is as well. I am working towards getting into shape enough to participate in hikes and such if we can get something going. The battle buddies post got me a little motivated and gathering gear to get back to it. Going to work towards 6 miles with a pack load and hopefully get together with some more guys doing the same at some point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, been out twice for 3 miles with a pack. It takes me about 48 minutes, I'd like to get that to about 44 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not so worried about the time. I went out for a test hike this weekend and did 3 miles with 45 pounds in 52 minutes. I was recalling the most i have carried and the length of the hike back in the day for comparison. The one hike everyone goes through in USMC boot camp i am pretty sure was 16 miles or thereabouts and i had a full pack plus prc-77, but i have no idea on the time. If i had something to work on now it would be more distance and more weight. On top of losing some weight those are my goals for the year at least.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I sent an IM to @Ben.  Hopefully he can point us in the right direction.

Is the OK2A capable of being our VCDL?
View Quote

Don Spencer, seems to be the ramrod of OK2A. To me he seems like he is talking down to most people. Kinda off putting to me, sure ok he may be doing good things. He just seems rather better n’ everybody else. Just my take.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Much like Trump, results matter more to me than presentation. I do appreciate a good presentation, but OK2A seems to be doing a good job. They get kudos from national guys even and seem to be getting things done. I bet OK2A has quite a few members that are out of state due to their progress.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top