Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2020 12:05:17 PM EDT
I've supported https://www.idahosaa.org/ in the past even though I find Pruett pretty divisive and haven't always understood why he goes after GOP incumbents.

Reading more on this whole Dorr brothers operation, how they have now jumped on the pandemic cause and visiting the Minnesota hometown forum, I was pretty disappointed to discover Pruett appears to be involved with the Dorr brothers as Executive Director at their group in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately I am very familiar with family run 'charities' that purport to raise money for good causes (e.g. children's cancer) and instead pocket the vast majority of the proceeds.

Some quotes from Minnesota forum:

Quoted:
Do NOT give any Money, traffic, or credibility to this group. Iowa gun owners is a private organization founded by the Dorr brothers that is more Anti Gun than pro gun. They sensationalize facts,twist the truth and collect money from people to "help" defend the 2nd amendment. They pocket the money, and then derail or destroy any good legislation with their no compromise bullshit. They are not good, nor are any of their associate groups all run by the same family.

facebook page exposing them.
View Quote

Quoted:
I would personally stay away from Minnesota Gun Rights.  The Dorr brothers get a very bad rap in several states and justifiably so.  Ben Dorr not only runs the Minnesota Gun Rights but he also does the Wisconsin Firearms Coalition.  He can't spend all his time in one state scamming it of gun owners money, he does it in multiple states.  And him and his brothers are doing it country wide with the new American Firearms Coalition.   Do you want to support a group that spends all their time in the state fighting for you (Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus) or someone who is in it just to make as much money as possible (Dorr brothers).
View Quote

What does the hive think? Has Pruett addressed this? He also seems to have jumped on the 'reopen' bandwagon.

All I could find on his Twitter was him going after local GOP again that refuse to return his survey.

https://gregpruett.com/three-republican-candidates-snub-idahos-gun-owners/

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you email him and ask him? I've never heard of the Dorr brothers so I'll just follow this thread and see what others say.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes he is very involved with the Dorr brothers. Aaron Dorr has a training event with them at their yearly banquet. I attended last year and he presented a lot of great info. I don't know anything about him other than he works with Gregg.

As stated above, if you have questions reach out to Gregg. He has always seemed like a strait forward guy that will answer any questions.

Please let us know what you find.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you decide to roast him, consider what he's helped accomplish. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot. Nobody is the saint you want them to be.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before you decide to roast him, consider what he's helped accomplish. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot. Nobody is the saint you want them to be.
View Quote

Exactly. That man has received more death threats to himself and his family more than you know - all in the name of fighting for our God given right.

I've never seen him go after staunch-2a politicians in Idaho. Only the RINO's like the recently ousted Tom Loertscher. He's always had support from folks on our side.

Anyways, I'd reach out to him and hear his side, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's be rational here. I have two questions:

1. Do Greg Pruett's dealings (whatever they are) work against the interests of 2nd Amendment rights in Idaho?
2. If not, then do Greg Pruett's dealings (whatever they are) work against the interests of 2nd Amendment rights anywhere else?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you mean; “he’s jumped on the re-open bandwagon”?

The horror!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The horror!
View Quote

No kidding. Seems like out of state posters like to stir shit up in our forum.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The horror!
View Quote

There are much, much worse things to be accused of.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Dorr brothers are allegedly taking their family business of running 2A groups and applying it to the quarantine protests. I'm sure there's a dollar in it for them somewhere.

https://www.newsweek.com/facebook-quarantine-protest-groups-dorr-brothers-coronavirus-covid19-social-media-campaign-1499154

This is the blueprint for family charity scams if you are interested. They ran it for forty years and it's why I'm immediately suspicious of any charity where the entire family is involved. Not even Wayne LaPierre is that obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_cancer_charities
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#12]
What do you want from us, exactly? Idaho is the quintessential definition of a gun rights utopia, and you're telling us to get all up in arms about...some out-of-state folks? Or maybe that our guy was seen hanging out with them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top