Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:32:33 PM EDT
Got a flyer in the mail for a living trust for $900. Is that a decent number? I do need to get one, (don't we all??) but that sound a little high.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about $800 to $850 too much money.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quicken willmaker plus 2017 cost 50 dollars on Amazon and can make a living trust.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Aww, hell no!

Back before 41F I included them as part of the transfer price of the NFA item, and transfers were $50.

It was easier to do a fill in the blank trust than deal with sign offs, pics, and prints.

Especially with the extra paperwork Maricopa under Arpaio wanted.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you actually wanting to protect your assets or just using it for NFA? There’s a big difference.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
buy the online package...  waiting for your wife to create a list so she can distribute $300 worth of possessions and memorabilia to a dozen relatives will be the most challenging part of the whole process...
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
buy the online package...  waiting for your wife to create a list so she can distribute $300 worth of possessions and memorabilia to a dozen relatives will be the most challenging part of the whole process...
View Quote
This has to be the winner! Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you actually wanting to protect your assets or just using it for NFA? There’s a big difference.
View Quote
X's 2.

I did a trust for NFA from the pinned thread in the AZ hometown forum for $0 and now have 4 NFA items.

I paid $1300 for a full trust for assets, medical and legal power of attorney, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do need to get one, (don't we all??) .
View Quote
Trusts are only for allocating/protecting assets.

If you have minor children you need a Will.  (can't name guardians in a trust)
If the kids are grown/don't exist then a Trust.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
also remember that for a lot of assets, there already exists a chain of succession like bank accounts and 401ks.   I believe stock accounts too.

when it comes to items of financial value, a trust is really only necessary for any equity in housing, vehicles and possessions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It depends on what you’re doing, I made mine for free but I had a lot of experience with trusts having worked in real estate.

I would not pay $900 for an NFA trust, but if it’s a whole set of multiple trusts, advance medical directives, etc. I can see that adding up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top