Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2021 11:04:54 AM EDT
I see my CCW has reciprocity with PR, I wanted to know if anyone has more info about flying there with my carry gun. I have flown with firearms before however, this is not a state it's a territory so things are likely different leaving and entering the US again... Any info would be helpful.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you see that it (Florida permit) had reciprocity?  I don't see it anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
In terms of reciprocity, although the PRAA indicates that there is reciprocity with any valid U.S. state permit, there is a caveat that states that reciprocity will be allowed for each state, “once the NPPR Commissioner establishes a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the state.” Puerto Rico authorities have indicated that as of January 29, 2021, no MOUs have been established, but they believe they will be in 2021.

Per Article 2.18, once the NPPR Commissioner establishes a MOU with the state, any person who meets the established requirements and intends to introduce one or more weapons and/or ammunition to Puerto Rico must inform the Division of Weapons Registry and License Issuance by completing Form PPR-1062 (Notification of Intention to Introduce Weapons and/or Ammunition) within five business days before the introduction of weapons and/or ammunition to Puerto Rico. When feasible, the notification will be made through the following link: http://www.policia.pr.gov. In these cases, firearms will be registered in the REAL Plus System.There is also confusion as to whether anyone intending to travel to Puerto Rico with their handgun must provide notice five business days prior [Art. 2.18] or whether the airline can simply submit the form prior to the flight [Art. 11.01].

However, Article 11.01 states that any commercial airline that flies to Puerto Rico and that has received firearms and/or ammunition from a passenger to transport them to any airport within the limits territorial of Puerto Rico as part of the person’s luggage, must notify the Puerto Rico Police Bureau at the time that said firearm and/or ammunition is to be delivered to the passenger. The airline will require the passenger to complete Form PPR-1053. The form must be sent by email to [email protected] or sent through the following link: www.policia.pr.gov.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/pr-gun-laws/#recStates
Top Top