Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2018 11:10:26 AM EDT
Well. In royal fucked now.
Got this near 8 months back. Finally got it running,and with help back at the homestead to repair and refinish.
Its our first..and if we like it..hopefully wife will let me get a nice flats skiff like ive always wanted.
Anyway. 15.5ft ash craft, 40hp 2 stroke.
Gotta start somewhere.....
Ive spent 5 hours now scrubbing,bleaching years of sitting off of it..
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be handy if the river doesn't stop rising

let me me know when your ready to splash, always good to have a backup boat nearby

those old mercs are noisy bastards, but will run like a some-bitch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah..
It ran till it sat.
Ive never done boats. Always trucks,cars.
I do know..when that motor was put on it, it hauled ass with 3 people..
Maybe we'll do a busting cherry cruise and bbq.
Till then..if a cane floods us ill just dock it to the deck
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
sell it to a friend, and go fishing w/ him
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Best answer!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
The buddy that helped us get it out of the water already asked if he could get 1st chance when we sell....only had it on the boards 15 minutes lol.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh boy! A hole in the water!

I’m limited to the kayak and canoe for now, maybe a boat in my future when i retire from the FD in 18 months.

I’m Jealous.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Break
Out
Another
Thousand
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh boy! A hole in the water!

I'm limited to the kayak and canoe for now, maybe a boat in my future when i retire from the FD in 18 months.

I'm Jealous.

Good luck!
View Quote
It didn't  cost me that.  

Wrong qoute lol..

Do t be to jea9
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a 16' Stumpknocker with a 40hp Yamaha when I lived in Jax. Very similar. It was a great boat for the intercoastal. Never had any engine issues for all the years that I ran it. Always flushed the motor and ran it until the carbs were dry before parking it. When I moved inland, I sold it and bought an UZI with the proceeds.

ETA put your effort into getting the motor running, check the steering cable. Then work on making the rest of it pretty. Engine maintenance is stupid expensive unless you DIY.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Sell it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Worth every penny
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a 16' Stumpknocker with a 40hp Yamaha when I lived in Jax. Very similar. It was a great boat for the intercoastal. Never had any engine issues for all the years that I ran it. Always flushed the motor and ran it until the carbs were dry before parking it. When I moved inland, I sold it and bought an UZI with the proceeds.

ETA put your effort into getting the motor running, check the steering cable. Then work on making the rest of it pretty. Engine maintenance is stupid expensive unless you DIY.
View Quote
Motor runs.
Cable is fairly New.
New gas tank and bulb/line.
Pretty much just into it for 600$ total.
Helps to he married to previous owners daughter
Itll be a good test the waters project....and to see if we get divorced after our first public boat ramp attempt.lmao.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I KNEW from your post title it was a boat

Rumrunner358 is right about those Mercs

Also with that hull design I'd be careful about taking it out in the bay. It the waves pick up it will beat to to death. If your wife is in the boat when that happens. She'll divorce you for sure.

That's a great lake, river estuary boat. It looks almost like an old Carolina Skiff hull
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I KNEW from your post title it was a boat https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/Onthefloorlaffing-152751.gif

Rumrunner358 is right about those Mercs

Also with that hull design I'd be careful about taking it out in the bay. It the waves pick up it will beat to to death. If your wife is in the boat when that happens. She'll divorce you for sure.

That's a great lake, river estuary boat. It looks almost like an old Carolina Skiff hull
View Quote
It wont be used on big water. River use mostly.
Had the motor running yesterday.
Gotta mess with the throttle....it goes from idle to full with no in between. If you hammer on the controls.
Pissing water great..and started after a few cranks. Its lil cold natured as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top