Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 3:21:12 PM EDT
https://www.theblaze.com/news/federal-judge-give-churches-major-victory-amid-strict-lockdown-restrictions-by-dem-governor
I agree with the judge in total.   I'm even willing to consider Beshear has 'honest' intentions.

It's weird how we "do" government.   EVERY THING is decided by UNELECTED JUDGES.
And you know how it became that way?

The Supreme Court ASSIGNED THAT POWER to itself in Marbury v. Madison.   Which happened BEFORE the Civil War.
You'd think the Legislative and Executive would have some protesting to do.

We The People
The Consent of the Governed
Government of the People, By the People and For the People.

... just kidding !!

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
given beshear's response to this ruling, i am no longer willing to consider beshear's motives as honest.
he really rilly does not want ppl going to church.

me typing onehanded here...

https://govsite-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/lwjC5bpoTkqlyJg0WPvM_Healthy%20at%20Work%20Reqs%20-%20Places%20of%20Worship%20-%20Final%20Version%201.0.pdf
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anti-tyrant:
given beshear's response to this ruling, i am no longer willing to consider beshear's motives as honest.
he really rilly does not want ppl going to church.

me typing onehanded here...

https://govsite-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/lwjC5bpoTkqlyJg0WPvM_Healthy%20at%20Work%20Reqs%20-%20Places%20of%20Worship%20-%20Final%20Version%201.0.pdf
View Quote

Link is broken
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
dunno what happened there, but that link was found in this article:

https://www.toddstarnes.com/faith/kentucky-governor-you-can-reopen-your-church-but-avoid-congregational-singing/

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
given beshear's response to this ruling, i am no longer willing to consider beshear's motives as honest.
he really rilly does not want ppl going to church.

View Quote

Beshear's motives have never been honest.  From his first day in office he has lied to those on the Right while pushing a hard core liberal agenda for political gain.  He instantly kicked every Republican of every position possible and replaced them.  The ordered the state legislature to pass his budget as submitted, kill all their bills, and go "because of the virus".  He tried to use the virus for political gain.  That was 2 months ago and should have been a big clue that his motives were partisan political and not honest.  More people in KY have died than in TN due to the virus even though they have 51% more people.  That is because Beshear did not push to fund testing at the state level and TN tested 300% more people than KY did.  Either our real case count is much higher than Beshear is admitting or he has been fudging Covid deaths the entire time.  

He is a crooked, corrupt, tyrannical wanna be dictator.  He needs the emergency to go on for as long as possible because he looses most of his power the second this ends.  It is time to make some Constitutional changes here.  If the Governor declares a state of emergency that lasts longer than 1 week the legislature needs to automatically be called back into session.   Then proper and permanent measures can be put into place to help with the emergency instead of one man dictating how the entire state is to be run.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm talking about this pandemic thing.   Other democrat guvs are throwing their people in jail.   Our liberal batshit guv is actually opening up the local economy again.   Slower than I'd like, but happening.
His "edicts" during this time weren't near as harsh as others and when he stepped over the line, he got stopped by judges and his own AG pretty quickly.

Look I don't like liberal politicians at all, but for a liberal guv, he's not doing too terrible.   Just about every time I thought he was going to really step in it, he didn't.
He tried a few times, but even those times weren't all that bad.... Just what WAS the 'health dept' going to do with a long list of license plates ????

His version of tyranny is juvenile like his daily briefings are.    Again, it MIGHT be because he's utterly surrounded by powerful politicians and judges.

I feel pretty awkward kinda taking up for the guy, but we really haven't had it that bad.   The worst was the businesses being 'shut down' but at least, there's some money coming to them to help compensate.    When was the last time any govt office ever offered money to help pay for the govt's edicts ??!??!

Like never??

I'm okay with your viewpoint... just saying we haven't had it super bad and nowhere needing a show of literal force.   And I think he was honestly doing what he thought was necessary to save his voters .. hahaha... I didn't need 'saved' but anyway.

Hope everyone is doing / recovering just fine.   The whole Trump / Q-anon thing is firing on all cylinders these days, hope you're watching the fireworks.   It's really happening.

--
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He tried a few times, but even those times weren't all that bad.... Just what WAS the 'health dept' going to do with a long list of license plates ????

View Quote

I don't know if anyone followed through on it but Beshear ordered the state police to hand over the names of the people associated with the vehicles to the counties, then the health officials were supposed to track down everyone in that household and force them to sign an order admitting they are someone from the household was at the church and that they would self quarantine for 14 days.  If they refused to sign the form "additional action of fines and misdemanor charges would be taken".  

It sounds like you are saying "as long as the Governor was bluffing to throw people in jail over going to church, I am fine with it".  Sorry but a threat of jail over a exercising a right that is listed in the US and KY Bill of Rights is never ok.  

A good Governor would have asked/pleaded with people no to attend and to take as many safety measures as possible if they do.  Then if an individual church/business/organization started to have string of positive cases tied back to it, action is taken against that one entity.  Not "screw everyone, I will throw you in jail just for showing up" which is basically what Bashear said and started following through on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm talking about this pandemic thing.   Other democrat guvs are throwing their people in jail.   Our liberal batshit guv is actually opening up the local economy again.   Slower than I'd like, but happening.
His "edicts" during this time weren't near as harsh as others and when he stepped over the line, he got stopped by judges and his own AG pretty quickly.

View Quote

I have friends in Michigan.  When talking to them I describe their Governor as a bat shit crazy power hungry liberal where as Beshear is just a power hungry liberal.  I'll give you that he isn't bat shit crazy.  That is the only thing I will concede.  

You seem to lack the scale of time on these issues.  I'm assuming you aren't on Facebook and in any of the local business or Republican groups.  Easter Sunday was 5 weeks ago.  His ban on churches was several weeks before that.  The State Police were sent to track people who showed up to Easter service.  The courts, just this past weekend issued an injunction against Beshears church ban.  So literally the entire pandemic up until yesterday Beshear's order stood.  That is not "being stopped pretty quickly".  

As for the Attorney General, it isn't his AG.  The AG works for the people who elected him not the Governor.  Well the AG is supposed to work for the people.  AG Daniel Cameron was pretty much missing in action this entire time.  The only reason the AG finally did something is because a private citizen hired a private attorney to challenge Beshear and named AG Cameron as a defendant.  At that point the AG either needed to fight for Beshear or actually speak out against it.  That was on the travel ban.  The courts were already looking to side against Beshear before Cameron finally flipped sides.  Meaning the case was pretty much won against Beshear before Cameron did anything.  Same thing goes for the church ban.  The drive in church ban was thrown out, because of the private attorney, and then AG Cameron jumped into the fight.  Cameron said he was trying to be patient with the Governor to see if he would do the right thing.  WTF!  I didn't vote for Cameron to sit on the sidelines and watch.  I voted for him because he said he was a Constitutionalist that would fight.  

The man to thank for the lawsuits is TJ Roberts, https://www.facebook.com/tj.roberts.3591 who hired attorney Chris Wiest https://www.facebook.com/chris.wiest.568.  They are the reason the travel ban and church bans were ruled against and the reason why AG Cameron finally started getting involved.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I feel pretty awkward kinda taking up for the guy, but we really haven't had it that bad.   The worst was the businesses being 'shut down' but at least, there's some money coming to them to help compensate.    When was the last time any govt office ever offered money to help pay for the govt's edicts ??!??!

Like never??

View Quote

Beshear didn't give them money or do anything to help them.  Other states didn't lock down and kill off their small businesses.  The fallout of the rights we have lost and the businesses that we have lost will be felt for the next several years.  We are just starting to get to point where the pain is surfacing.  There was no reason to shutdown rural counties with no cases.  A lot of good business owners are not able to get a single penny of assistance.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top