Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2020 10:08:40 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I have been attending County level hearings for Delegates & Senators who are now in Richmond preparing to make possession of semi-auto firearms and normal capacity magazines a felony in Virginia. In addition, there are bills that will shut down many indoor and outdoor ranges and even one that requires Virginians to relinquish to law enforcement certain kinds of ammunition (no shoot it up, no move it out of state, just turn it in for nothing or go to jail).

This was a commonly seen bumper sticker in the parking lots. They are organized and they are serious about taking your guns away from you! No "grandfathering" nothing other than turn in your guns or go to jail. They are very vocal about this when they speak.

Virginians are about to get hit and hit hard. NOW people seem to be concerned. Our State 2A advocacy group (VCDL) has tripled it's membership since November. Armed, responsible Citizens are outraged and for good reason! Many are willing to make sacrifices (I will leave it at that). ALL OF THEM NOW WISH THAT WE HAD BEEN THIS MOTIVATED IN OCTOBER, BEFORE THE LAST ELECTION!

This will not stop in Virginia. Evil forces have been working hard to do this in Florida. They are just a little behind Virginia but they are catching up. They will not quit, they will not be reasonable. They have NOTHING to lose but you have EVERYTHING to lose.

PLEASE, get involved and get others involved. Do it now before it is too late.

VOTE in EVERY Election, not just high profile Presidential Election years. This is what really hurt us in Virginia.

JOIN effective 2A advocacy groups such as Florida Carry and GOA.

VOLUNTEER to work at gun shows and educate other gun owners.

WRITE you State Senators & Representatives. It may seem pointless but a written letter still carries a lot of influence with elected Officials. You don't need to write a Hemingway classic. A couple sentences respectfully demanding their support for the 2A is sufficient.

INFORM other responsible, armed Citizens of the threats like BAWN. Get them involved. Talk to LGS and Ranges about helping to get the word out.

Honest to God, I wish Virginia still had the opportunity to change the future that Florida still has.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting. As someone who grew up in Virginia and still has family there, it's so disheartening to see what's happening. ALL of it in the name of politics. Not one of these bills is going to change the mind of an evil individual or keep them from getting their hands on any kind of weapon they wish to do harm with. Restricting law abiding citizens and turning them into felons for what they own and have purchased legally is an absolute shame. Very sad to see what's become of Virginia's elected leaders. I hope Virginia can come out of this.

Florida is under many of the same threats and many are taking this very seriously.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
As the population shifts overwhelmingly urban, the cities can, and will, dictate policy.  Virginia has the added burden of hosting the far left Federal Government.  Eventually there could be serious social unrest as a result.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I ask people everyday if they have heard about what's happening in Virginia. Almost nobody has a clue. I try to explain it but, they just aren't listening or are convinced it won't happen here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you certainly don't hear a peep about it on the fake news networks that is for certain, the more they can work in the shadows the further the rat bastards will get.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most people are apathetic and fickle. Get used to it. The Founders specifically created the system we have because of that. The President and originally the Senate was not 5o be directly appointed by the people and that was for a reason. The people are a mob and mobs are a danger to liberty. They honestly did believe in a educated landed Gentry with wealth and power to rule over the masses here in the US. The main difference between the US and the UK was the "Nobility" was not to be permanent, it was to be a social ladder anyone could climb through hard work and the acquisition of wealth.
View Quote
All very true.

We see examples of rule by mob everyday in social media.  I'm afraid "due process" is becoming a thing of the past.  In addition, "opportunity" has been replaced by "entitlement."  God help us!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see it on both sides too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most people are apathetic and fickle. Get used to it. The Founders specifically created the system we have because of that. The President and originally the Senate was not 5o be directly appointed by the people and that was for a reason. The people are a mob and mobs are a danger to liberty. They honestly did believe in a educated landed Gentry with wealth and power to rule over the masses here in the US. The main difference between the US and the UK was the "Nobility" was not to be permanent, it was to be a social ladder anyone could climb through hard work and the acquisition of wealth.
All very true.

We see examples of rule by mob everyday in social media.  I'm afraid "due process" is becoming a thing of the past.  In addition, "opportunity" has been replaced by "entitlement."  God help us!!
I see it on both sides too.
Agreed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top