Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2019 7:41:16 AM EDT
So I'm going to Boston for a wedding the first weekend of November. I will probably never go back there, so if you had just one chance to see something cool and historic and go to dinner somewhere historic what would it be? I don't want to do a super busy restaurant if possible. I am staying at The Commonwealth Hotel, so if there's something in walking distance that would be cool too. Any tips or advice you can give me is appreciated. I will have one night to go out to eat and Friday and Saturday in the daytime to look at things. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Walk the Freedom Trail.

If the hotel doesn't have a brochure showing where things are, visit the information building on Boston Common to pick up the info.

Eat at one of the Italian restaurants in the North End. You can check Yelp.com for recommendations as I don't know any names there.

If you visit the USS Constitution, it is an active duty Navy vessel, so no knives or anything else are allowed when/if you board her.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How long is the freedom trail?
I'd prefer a restaurant with some historical significance. Preferably within walking distance of the hotel commonwealth.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long is the freedom trail?
I'd prefer a restaurant with some historical significance. Preferably within walking distance of the hotel commonwealth.
View Quote
I don't know other than to say that it is all walkable. Basically, you can't park in Downtown Boston anyway and garages charge a kidney per day, so walking makes the most sense. There are a number of very old restaurants in Downtown Boston. he following are historic restaurants Downtown. I'm not endorsing them but just posting names from Yelp!

- Union Oyster House
- The Warren Tavern
- Parkers Restaurant (in the Parker House Hotel)
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Best way to get around Boston is to use the public transportation.  On the rare occasions I go back I take commuter rail into the city then subway and bus.  Can get you very close to everything.  Italian in the North End, the Oyster House is excellent.  Hmmm, is Anthony's Pier Four still there???

Also I recommend the Freedom Trail.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
So, can i walk the two and a half hour freedom trail (definitely seems like the coolest thing I'm seeing to do) from the hotel commonwealth?
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top